Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Keep Getting Stuck in Public ToDo List

chadcrowell says:
I have a bookmark to RTM on my browser and it opens the public ToDo list. From there, even though I am logged in, there is no link to get me back to my regular task view. This is very frustrating...
Posted at 5:33pm on April 3, 2006
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We've been meaning to add a link -- we'll fix this up.
Posted 18 years ago
We've now added a login link to the public list pages.
Posted 17 years ago
chadcrowell says:
Beautiful thanks!
Posted 17 years ago
biz says:
What is "the public ToDo list"?
Where is the "login link to the public list pages"?
Posted 17 years ago
biz, more details on publishing a list for public viewing are available here, and there's info on both sharing and publishing lists here -- hope this helps!
Posted 17 years ago
biz says:
Emily, thanks for the info above. Now for more questions:

Is a search engine the only way someone could find a published list?

Would an RTM member publish a list rather than share it only if someone who needs to see the list is not an RTM member (with whom the list could simply be shared)?

Thanks!
Posted 17 years ago
biz, it's possible for anyone to see your public lists if they know your username.

We wouldn't recommend making your list public unless you were happy for potentially anyone to view it. If you just want specific people to be able to see the list, it's best to keep the list private and then only share/publish the list for those people (this does require them to signup though, so that this is secure).
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.