Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Troubles in Settings Menu

(closed account) says:
I've checked around the forums and can't find an answer - if my question has already been dealt with, please direct me to the answer.

Here it goes: I'm trying to setup a new list - one for all my classes here at school. So I've gone to my settings menu and try to click on the lists tab. The lists tab appears, but then the page quickly reloads and takes me to my overview page.

I'm a little puzzled - I can't change any of the settings on the lists, reminders, or info tags. I'm currently running Firefox 1.5.0.1 on Win XP sp2.

Thank you for your help!
Posted at 5:23pm on March 14, 2006
(closed account) says:
In addition to the above issues, I'm also having a similar issue when trying to modify a task (for instance changing priority or tagging). When I select the task and then go to the sidebar to adjust the element, the screen quickly reloads and resets to the overview screen.

From what I can tell (and the little I've used) RTM is an exceptional program that is PERFECT for my needs - just a little annoyance right now.

Best.
Posted 17 years ago
(closed account) says:
Sorry for all the multiple posts, but I'm slowly figuring SOME things out . . .

I can modify my tasks without incident if I use the keyboard shortcuts instead of clicking on the appropriate icon in the sidebar.

Unforunately, this still does not resolve the settings menu issues, since the tabs do not have keyboard shortcuts.

Thanks - ANY help is most appreciated!
Posted 17 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Andrew - Try it in Internet Explorer, and see if that works for you. I use Camino, Firefox on Mac and XP, and IE6 on XP, and sometimes you hit a quirk or two, and usually Emily and Omar fixes it in two shakes of a lamb's tail.

RTM is great, so bear with the annoyances.
Posted 17 years ago
(closed account) says:
Thanks for the advice - I can perform all the actions with IE. Unfortunately, I really HATE using IE and it's considerably slower than Firefox on my machine.

Again, thanks ranbarton.
Posted 17 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Are you by any chance using the Tabbrowser extension in Firefox? We've had reports of similar behaviour when that extension is installed -- we've contacted the author of the extension about it, but unfortunately haven't had a response.

If you don't have Tabbrowser, do you have any other extensions installed?
Posted 17 years ago
(closed account) says:
Yes! I am running Tabbrowser . . . I will uninstall and see if that changes the situation.
Posted 17 years ago
(closed account) says:
I uninstalled the Tabbrowser extension and now have full functionality of RTM. Although some of the features of tabbrowser were convenient, I'm willing to part with it in order to use RTM.

Thanks for the help and a great product.
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.