Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Astrid Sync

jon_liljegren says:
Hello all,

Did a bit of searching, please excuse me if the answer is right under my nose.

I have a G1 and am looking to use Astrid to sync to RTM. I am new to RTM so I may be slightly ignorant. Astrid asks me to "...log in to your RTM account and authorize Astrid to read data." Unfortunately, I have know idea where I can perform that action?

Jon
Posted at 9:39pm on March 9, 2009
chiieddy says:
Astrid should bring you to the browser on your G1 and it should open RTM to the page where you can authorize it via the API.
Posted 15 years ago
jon_liljegren says:
After starting the sync process the G1 does go to the RTM home page with the standard G1 browser. After inputting my credentials, I am brought to the RTM main log in page and it won't sign into my account. If I use the Steel browser, I can log in and it looks just like if I were to sign on to RTM with my desktop. I don't see any "authorize" area. I'm not familiar what you refer to when saying "...authorize it via the API"
Posted 15 years ago
dev.astrid says:
Jon,

Try this: open up Android's standard browser, go to http://www.rememberthemilk.com, and log out if you are signed in. Open up Astrid, go to Synchronization, and hit "Synchronize".

A new browser window should open up to RTM, asking you to log in. Log in with your RTM username and password, and you should get a screen that says "Are you sure you want to allow Astrid to see your tasks?" or something like that. Choose 'yes' if you do.

Then, open up Astrid, go to Synchronize, and again hit "Synchronize". Hope that helps.
Posted 15 years ago
jon_liljegren says:
Interesting, I had to uninstall the Steel browser to get this to work. (even though I was using the standard browser)

Thanks for the help in troubleshooting the issue!!
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.