Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Import lists via e-mail

barrettpv says:
I love RTM, but I'm having problems importing task lists via email. I can import my list, but all the tasks appear as one. For example, I'm importing a list named "Groceries". I send an e-mail with the subject "Groceries". I list one item per line in the body of the e-mail. After importing to RTM, it shows one task under my Groceries list, like this:

milk eggs beer cereal fruit

Instead of:

milk
eggs
beer
cereal
fruit

Any suggestions?
Posted at 8:12pm on February 3, 2006
barrettpv says:
I'm e-mailing via Google Gmail
Posted 18 years ago
barrettpv says:
It works when I do it via Outlook
Posted 18 years ago
barrettpv says:
It works when I do it via Outlook
Posted 18 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Can you please send us the example from Gmail to [old address removed], exactly as you'd send it to your Remember The Milk import address?

Thanks!
Posted 18 years ago
junket says:
I am also having this issue when mailing from GMail... do you need an invite to join GMail to test it - if so, then let me know.
Posted 18 years ago
junket says:
Forget me - I used the wrong e-mail address; instead of using the e-mail address for adding items, I used the inbox address.
Posted 18 years ago
abcnck says:
I'm trying to do this via Lotus Notes 7. I just get a Task in my Inbox and the list of tasks in the Note.
Posted 17 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
abcnck, can you please email us at [old address removed] with an example of the email that you're sending to your Remember The Milk import email address? Can you also check that you're sending the email to the address that includes '+import'? Thanks!
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.