Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

iCalendar not working

conovers says:
Every time I click on iCalendar, it says "This page cannot be displayed. The page you are looking for is currently unavailable..." Not sure if this is just me, or a problem the site is encountering. I am using Internet Explorer, if that helps.

Thank you!!!
Posted at 10:11pm on January 20, 2006
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
The iCalendar feed allows you to view your tasks with calendar software such as Apple's iCal or Mozilla Sunbird. There's also a third-party plugin that allows you to view iCalendar in Outlook 2003.

If you have one of these programs installed, you may need to copy-and-paste the iCalendar link into the program to open it.
Posted 18 years ago
gregory.louie says:
Dear Emily,

I've downloaded Sunbird and have it up and running on my local computer.

I still do not understand what I need to copy and paste.

Questions:

1) Is this a global command or must I do this for every single task that I schedule?

2) Where specifically in Sunbird does the iCalendar link go?

3) Which link are we talking about? The task page link, or is there a specific iCalendar link and how is that accessed?

Thank you for your help!

Thank you.
Posted 17 years ago
You can subscribe to an iCalendar feed of all of your tasks -- the link to this is available under Settings/Info as 'iCalendar Service (All Lists)'.

You can also subscribe to iCalendar feeds for individual lists (the 'iCalendar' link in the list details box on the right).

To subscribe to the feed in Sunbird:

1) Copy the iCalendar link you wish to subscribe to.

2) Go to 'File' menu > 'Subscribe to Remote Calendar...'

3) Select 'Remote' and press 'Next'.

4) Paste the iCalendar link into the 'Location' box and press 'Next'.

5) Finally, give your calendar a name and choose a colour.

Tasks will then be displayed in the 'Tasks' panel in Sunbird.

Hope this helps!
Posted 17 years ago
gregory.louie says:
Hi Emily,

It did work and it didn't work. Sunbird starts, I see the calendar with the todo lists, then Sunbird bombs. Not your problem, it's Sunbird's, but it is a bummer for me.

I'm also a big fan of encouraging you folks to integrate your stuff with 30boxes, or Yahoo! Calendar. The combo would be a winner for the Getting Things Done crowd.

Greg
Posted 17 years ago
Greg -- Hmm, Sunbird might have a problem with something specific in the feed. We'd be happy to take a look at it if you can let us know the iCalendar URL you're subscribing to (whether it's all tasks or a specific list) -- please email us at [old address removed] if you'd like us to investigate further :)
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.