Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Will deleting an account impact shared tasks?

ian.tromp says:
If I delete an account I created and shared some tasks with from my main account, will those tasks disappear from my main account? I'm very worried this might happen, and would welcome some reassurance! Thanks.
Posted at 8:11pm on September 6, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Ian,

Nope, they won't. Cancelling an account will only delete the tasks that are solely in that account; if they're shared with anyone else, they'll remain in those other accounts.

One thing to be aware of: if you have entire lists shared, it's best to just leave them as they are before cancelling the account. If you delete a shared list before cancelling, the tasks within it will no longer be shared and will be moved into the Inbox of the account that deleted them. Then, when you cancel, the tasks will disappear. :)

If you experience any problems, just let me know.

(Unfortunately the process for changing/deleting shared lists is a bit messy right now, but it's definitely something we hope to improve in the future!)
Posted 15 years ago
ian.tromp says:
Thanks, Emily. Account cancelled - check out MacFormat issue 200 for my piece on RTM.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hey Ian,

Awesome, will do. :)

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.