Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM via Twitter is not updating

anna.yang says:
Can someone help me here?
I am a newbie, i just sign up with RTM and Twitter today. But i had tried the whole day to make them work together.
RTM doesn't seem like receiving the direct message from Twitter neither via web or SMS.
I had tried, reset the follow relationship between RTM & Twitter. doesn't seem helping at all.
I had also tried to reset my cell device on the Twitter side. again, doesn't seem helping at all.

Can anyone help me? what is the problem here?
Posted at 8:46pm on September 2, 2008
arvid says:
Hi Anna,

Can you please check again? Maybe there was a small hiccup of one of the servers. When the problem is still there, can you please submit a support request?
Posted 15 years ago
kvalnir says:
There was a problem reported a few weeks ago: https://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/help/5362/

I don't know if it's been fixed yet, but I haven't been able to get twitter messages from RTM either :(
Posted 15 years ago
blakeamick says:
When I send an SMS direct message to RTM as a task, it works. When I send a command such as "!today" I NEVER receive a direct message back... even when I send it via the web.

What gives?
Posted 15 years ago
vidocrazor says:
You can add me to the list. My tasks get posted correctly, but I get no feedback from any of the "!" commands.

This seems to be the case for messages sent directly from the Twitter web interface (not just SMS). I have tried removing and adding RTM with no change.

Other Twitter interfaces are working just fine.
Posted 15 years ago
matt.menzer says:
Same here. I can add tasks, but get no feedback.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I have the same problem - can add tasks, but never get any responses.
Posted 15 years ago
krysta says:
No responses gotten from bang commands (!getlist etc) even though my twitter log shows direct messages sent. This has been ongoing for, mm, at least a coupla weeks I think.
Posted 15 years ago
reese.kirkland says:
I'm also having this problem. I can add tasks by direct message, and I get my reminders as I should, but any !get or other commands I send are never answered.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Although everything is working fine from our end, we've experienced an ongoing problem where, for some direct messages that we're sending to Twitter's system, the Twitter API is experiencing a problem and not successfully delivering the message.

We've reported the issue to the Twitter folks, so hopefully they'll be able to get things working again soon. :)
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Looking forward to hearing about what happens here - I'm having exactly the same problem (tasks go up via Twitter no problem; stopped getting responses from bang commands weeks ago).
Posted 15 years ago
hurleycd says:
me too. Monitoring thread for resolution.......
Posted 15 years ago
erica.strand says:
Same here. No direct messages from RTM- except one night around 4am all the !gl request I had done all day suddenly poured into my phone. I was delighted thinking ah ha, it is fixed! But, alas, it was only a fluke. I was so excited to learn about this feature and ready to shell out the cash to go pro. But now that I find it doesn't work, I am very sad. This problem has a long history in the forums. Why do they advertise the feature if they know it doesn't work?
Posted 15 years ago
rickrey says:
Hope this gets fixed soon!
Posted 15 years ago
mcdy says:
Is it possible that rtm is hitting Twitter's Direct Messages limit? There's apparently a maximum number of DMs that a Twitter user can send.

I believe 3rd party app developers can contact Alex Payne (@al3x) of Twitter to request that their app/Twitter account be whitelisted to lift the DM sent limit.
Posted 15 years ago
We've reported this (again) to the Twitter dev folks -- the Twitter system is out of our control, so we have to wait patiently for them to resolve this. (I wish it was something that could be fixed on our end, so we could have this working properly for you guys!).

The issue is a recurring problem with Twitter's API that's been happening intermittently over the last couple of months. It's not an API limit that we're reaching, but rather a broken part of their API that's not delivering some direct messages; I won't go into specifics here, but we've provided full technical details to the Twitter folks.

I'll post an update just as soon as we hear anything back from the Twitter team.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I got a direct reply back from Twitter today following a bang command tweet. I tried it again later and it didn't work... :-(
Posted 15 years ago
We've received an update from the Twitter team; they're looking into this.
Posted 15 years ago
kim.caloca says:
Man! I am really trying to utilize RTM but if I can't get my list via SMS while I'm out, it's almost useless. I hope Twitter gets it together...
Posted 15 years ago
erica.strand says:
Hooray!! It works!!! :) Some replies take several minutes...but it WORKS!!
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.