Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

importing tasks from Google Calendar to RTM

alysonpeel says:
RTM to Google Calendar seems to work just fine. The tasks I enter in RTM seem to end up in Google Calendar. But what about the reverse? Is there any way to sync RTM with Google Calendar or import tasks from Google calendar to RTM easily? I am a Pro subscriber.
Posted at 1:39am on August 22, 2008
arvid says:
Hi alysonpeel,

I assume you use the iCalendar function. This is only one-way. You can however use the special gadget that was developed to enable task management from Google Calendar;
Remember The Milk for Google Calendar

Let me know whether this has helped.

Arvid
Posted 15 years ago
alysonpeel says:
Thanks, but that doesn't help me much. The nice feature of RTM is the to do lists it generates. If I have to import all of my items from my google calendar into RTM one at a tine to get a nice list of tasks, especially for my iTouch, it is hardly worth the effort. I hope you will find a way to sync with Google Calendar to generate those nice lists. Until then, the functionality of RTM just doesn't seem that useful to me. Sorry. But at least you got the $25 donation for all your work and I will continue to enter an occasional task when I can't access my calendar right away.
Posted 15 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
If you add RTM to Gcal, not with the badge but the iCal feed, you can use Gcal's agenda to create 1/item per line lists that are the best thing ever for daily reference. I encourage you to give it a try.

https://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answers/icalendar/googlecalendar.rtm
Posted 15 years ago
tracey.rollison says:
So Ran, you can then enter tasks on either RTM or Gcal, and go either way? I want to be able to see them wherever I am. I enter a lot of things via a voice-to-text service to Sandy and need them both places.
Posted 15 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Er, no. Gcal events are entered in Gcal, and RTM tasks are entered in RTM, but they get displayed together in Gcal. For print outs and the daily Gcal email agenda, it's terrific.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.