Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Blackberry Sync

dainfo says:
Just signed up for a PRO account so I could sync with my BBerry Tasks. All my tasks are now combined in RTM but the notes from my BBerry Tasks weren't imported. Any ideas

Thanks in advanced...
Posted at 8:38pm on August 11, 2008
arvid says:
Remember The Milk supports an unlimited number of notes per task, while BlackBerry's built-in Tasks application supports only one note. To handle this difference, MilkSync will place multiple notes from RTM into one note field on the BlackBerry, but separate the notes with a special syntax (so they can be synchronized back to RTM as multiple notes). Each note will look like:

[note #abc123]
This is a note.
[end note]

If your task already has notes synchronized from Remember The Milk, you can add a new note by entering text before or after the existing notes (anything outside of the square brackets will be handled as a new note). You can add multiple new notes by separating them with three hyphens on a line ("---"):

This is the first note.
---
This is the second note.

You can use the "Reset Sync" option to delete all tasks stored on your BlackBerry and replace them with a fresh copy of the tasks in your Remember The Milk account. This option provides an easy way to recover from synchronization issues. To use this option:

1. Open MilkSync by selecting the MilkSync icon on the Applications screen.
2. Press the menu key to open the menu, and choose Options.
3. On the Options screen, press the menu key to open the menu, and choose Reset Sync.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.