Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Commands missing entirely (past two days)

lizilizi1 says:
Worked great up until day before yesterday. Am running Explorer on Dell Inspiron with Service Pack 2.

Now, all the tasks and the tabs show up on the page, as does the "select: All, Due, ...etc....""
--BUT the commands to do something with those tasks don't show up (i.e. "add task", "select thing to do with task" etc.)

So that means I have a list of tasks that I can never check as completed, or otherwise modify in any way, and I can never add any further tasks either.

Keyboard shortcuts also appear to not work, though I've never used them previously so maybe I just don't know how they are supposed to work. (I've tried selecting a task and hitting a shortcut letter both with and without the control key.)
Posted at 6:44pm on January 14, 2006
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Perhaps you're viewing your published lists instead of being logged into your account?

Can you please double check that you're logged in? (Just go back to http://www.rememberthemilk.com/ and login again.)
Posted 18 years ago
clempka says:
It's doing this on mine too. I've gone back to http://www.rememberthemilk.com and it takes me to my to do list, so I assume that I'm logged in. I've also tried logging in again by going to the signup page and pressing login, but it hasn't helped.

When I go to the page, there's no more overview tab or anything. It looks like it's looking at the public list, but it doesn't look like there's any way of getting to the task list view where you can edit them. There's no 'Complete Task' or 'Postpone' buttons or a drop down menu either.

On the links in the top right, it says that I'm on 'Tasks' if that helps at all.
Posted 18 years ago
clempka says:
Well, it seems to be working fine now. Not sure if you guys had to do anything to fix it, but thanks! :)
Posted 18 years ago
We haven't changed anything on our end, so if it happens again, please let us know. Glad it's working for you now though :)
Posted 18 years ago
lizilizi1 says:
Mine is still off and on, on a couple of different computers. Usually OK though. It just seems to occasionally not want to load the buttons and the pulldown menu sometimes.
Posted 18 years ago
Are you able to check if cookies are enabled in your browser if you encounter this problem again?

If anyone experiences this problem and would like to help us diagnose the issue, please email us at [old address removed]
Posted 18 years ago
argotnaut says:
I just lost my "Add Task" link. I logged out and logged back in again, and that fixed it. Sorry that I didn't notice if anything else was missing.
Posted 18 years ago
argotnaut, do you know which list you were on when this happened?

If you have any Smart Lists, that might explain it, as it's not possible to add to these lists.
Posted 18 years ago
argotnaut says:
No, it was a regular list. Maybe I just imagined it -- insufficiently caffeinated or something -- I'll let you know if it happens again.
Posted 18 years ago
justin.baeder says:
I noticed this problem today, and it turned out that I wasn't logged in. All of my lists are published, though, so I didn't notice any differences other than the commands being gone.

It is a very subtle difference as to whether you're logged in or not - if you see a "logout" link, then you're logged in. If you see "login" you're not logged in currently.
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.