Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Repeating Tasks

jeanie.michaelis says:
When I add a task that is to repeat every week, it does not appear on the next week until the task has been completed this week.

As I read through the help, I was under the impression that if I used "after 1 week" it would not show up next week until the task was completed this week. But I am using "every week" and it still does not show up on future weeks until that task has been completed.

I would like this to work so as I preview tasks that I have to do for the month, I see all of the repeating tasks so I don't forget that, for example, every Tuesday at noon I have a United Way meeting. If I don't see it until this week's meeting is over, I may forget and schedule something at that time.

Any suggestions on what I am doing or understanding incorrectly will be most appreciated.
Posted at 9:06pm on July 27, 2008
apgordon says:
Hm, I see what you mean. I've had this issue a few times too -- didn't see something was coming up because I hadn't completed the last task, yet.

Maybe this could be an RTM option via developers, but until now might just have to add in multiple tasks and have them a week apart. Probably not what you were looking for, but at least with the keyboard shortcuts this kind of thing is fairly painless. Will post something if I figure something out in the future.
Posted 15 years ago
jeanie.michaelis says:
Thanks. I'll keep checking.
Posted 15 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
It will not show up next week until it's overdue this week. Imagine having RTM show all instances of a repeating task, you would need a tall screen ;-)
Posted 15 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Apgordon is right - the workaround is to have, for example, for different tasks representing the next four instances of the repeat, so that if something occurred once a week, you'd then have a month's worth of repeats stacked up in front of you. A hack, but not that difficult.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.