Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Searching through lists with "contains" modifiers

(closed account) says:
I followed the instructions for the "advanced GTD" (http://blog.rememberthemilk.com/2008/05/guest-post-advanced-gtd-with-remember.html) article in the blog and I love the setup. I have run into one problem though. I would really like to create a smart list for next actions which are work related and one that is personal next actions. The setup has me making lists that are prefixed by wk- (wk-daily, wk-"project Name"...) and ps- for wk and personal lists respectively. The search modifiers list a tagContains:... modifier, however I want one that would be listContains:... This would allow me to create a smart list with the search parameters (listContains:wk- and tag:na). Anyone know a way around this or even understand what I'm talking about.... Kind of sounds like blabbering now that I step back and read this post. Thanks for the help.
Posted at 11:31pm on July 23, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hey stevedq,

listContains isn't currently available, sorry! I've heard a few requests for it though, so it may be something we can add to our supported search operators in the future.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Thanks Emily
Love your service but I think this would really make the system that was written up in your blog near perfect. Right now the need to sift through individual lists is a downfall for people who dont "work" at just one location. The addition of this feature would definitely make me a believer.
Thanks for an otherwise great product
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.