Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Reminders are late

daniel.shirley says:
I'm getting reminders sent to my cell phone, and they're arriving an hour late. I have my time zone correct (GMT -5:00 - eastern time), reminders are to come when due.

Does it have anything to do with being on Daylight Saving Time? Am I going to have to change this setting twice a year?
Posted at 6:16pm on July 23, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hey Daniel,

Would it be possible to double check to make sure that your timezone setting in Remember The Milk matches your system timezone on any computers where you use the site? It's also important to check the location of the timezone to make sure that they match.

(We adjust automatically when daylight savings affects your location.)

If everything looks right, would it be possible to submit a reminder issue report (if you haven't done so already)? Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
daniel.shirley says:
Emily,

I appreciate your response. I access RTM on three computers - at work, desktop at home, laptop at home. All three are set to the correct time zone and display the correct time.

I also wondered if it had something to do with my phone. I'm on a family plan that's based in Houston, but I'm living in Greensboro, NC. Consequently I have a houston phone #. However, my phone gets its time from local towers, and displays the correct time. If there are settings to manually adjust the phone's clock in any way, I can't find them.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Thanks Daniel, I'm following up with you via email.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.