Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Task pane / login problem

jonny_nut says:
I've tried searching for similar posts, but it doesn't seem to be the case that anyone is complaining about not being able to login to RTM. I don't get any errors, and my Task pane isn't missing, I simply have the following message:

"You're not currently logged into Remember The Milk. You must login to enable this feature."

While I actually am already logged-in at RTM, I still follow the instructions and click through the login link. A new tab opens to http://www.rememberthemilk.com/login/?gmail=1 and then closes after I submit my username and password.

Unfortunately back at Gmail nothing changes. Clicking "Refresh" on the bottom right border of the Task pane does nothing. Reloading Gmail has no effect. Logging-out of Gmail and -in again shows the same empty Task pane. Restarting Firefox doesn't help. Reinstalling the extension, as well as Firefox itself, makes no difference.

I'm running-out of unique ways to explain that anything I try is unsuccessful, but I'm getting the feeling that there might be something so simple and obvious I'm missing that it'll make everyone laugh (except for me, of course). I'm using the following:

Ubuntu 8.04
RTM 1.0.3
FF 3.0.1
(...haha, wow, that's kinda freaky, with the version numbers ! ;)

Many other extensions, but none that would affect Gmail (that I know of)...either way, I've disabled ALL of them and continue with my frustration.

Help?
Posted at 7:03am on July 23, 2008
liza says:
I'm in exactly the same situation.
Says I'm not logged in - then I go and log in, but returning to gmail I'm still told that I'm not logged in.
Posted 15 years ago
gindoogle says:
Yep, same symptoms here!
WinXP sp2
FF 3.0.1
Posted 15 years ago
gindoogle says:
OK, allowed permanent cookies from rememberthemilk.com and the task pane showed up!
http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/gmail/4919/
Posted 15 years ago
r.m.gorman says:
Adjusting the cookies to accept 3rd party cookies in FF 3.0.1 worked for me as well.
Posted 15 years ago
jonny_nut says:
Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!!!

I was getting really frustrated...

Now I'm wondering this: looking at troubleshooting and support in general, regardless of product or service, how many problems are actually related to other issues, just that the wording is taken from a completely different perspective? Also, how many problems go unsolved because of differences inapproach es to solving problems?

Just curious...;p

But again, THANKS gindoogle!!! :D
Posted 15 years ago
darrylo says:
This really needs to be in the RtM Gmail troubleshooting document.

I just signed up for RtM today, and I was about to drop-kick the whole thing because the Gmail addon wasn't working.
Posted 15 years ago
dan.bossler says:
I'm trying to install the RTM for Gmail. Well, I *have* installed the addon, but the task pane does not appear. Nor do I see a task selection in the Settings windows.

Ubuntu 8.0.4
FIrefox 3.0.1
lastest RTM addon.

I have the new version of Gmail, and I am set for US english.

THanks for any help.
Dan
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.