Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

How can I move tasks from Outlook into RTM?

jfaughnan says:
I have about 300 current Outlook tasks I'd like to look at importing into RTM.

Key fields are task name, note (RTF but ascii would be ok), status, due date, category (tag).

The tasks currently live on a Palm device, but you don't support Palm sync.

I'm migrating to the iPhone, so I need a home for tasks. Your Google Apps integration makes RTM appealing .. but only if the key fields can be imported.

Import by mail seems good for a list, but not existing tasks.
Posted at 9:46pm on July 18, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hmm, right now we don't have a good solution for this, sorry. :( It's definitely an important feature.

There's a third party application that does Outlook sync, just in case this helps.
Posted 15 years ago
dmccall says:
One way to do it is to copy the tasks to an email, and sent it to your RTM Import email address.

Open Outlook Tasks so that you are viewing every task that you want to migrate (you may need to alter filters, etc..) Select the first task in Outlook and shift-click the last item. Copy, then paste this into Excel.

Copy and paste this excel sheet into Word.. Convert Table to text (tab delimiter), then copy and paste the text into an email to your RTM IMPORT address, not your Inbox address (Setting | Info).

Once all the tasks are in the Inbox, you'll have to tag each item and assign due dates and recurrences as necessary.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.