Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Date formats?

(closed account) says:
In RTM I have great flexibility when entering due dates (today, yesterday, 1 week, next tuesday). In RTM for Gmail, it looks like it gets confused unless I enter an actual mm/dd/yyyy date. Is that right? Is there a reason for that?
Posted at 2:14am on July 15, 2008
proggie says:
It used to work fine for me in Gmail too. But as of today in Gmail and in RTM specifying dates in the subject doesn't seem to work. I used to be able to say "Lunch @ Saturday 5pm" and it would create a to do with "Lunch" and that date and time. Today all I'm getting is the todo with the "Lunch @ Saturday 5pm" but no date and time attached.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
hcaudill, thanks for reporting this.

Can I clarify if this issue is with entering due dates along with the task name (in the add task field at the top in Gmail), or with the due date field by itself? If it's not interpreting the due date correctly, we'd love to check this out.

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
proggie, if you haven't already done so, would it be possible to submit a Gmail issue report via our support system?

We're not aware of any issues with this feature (it should interpret this due date in RTM for Gmail, although this feature is not available in the RTM web app). We'd love to get some more information from you about your Gmail environment so that we can check this out.

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
My post was regarding editing the due date on an existing task. I just tested it again, and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
So for example: I create a new task, its due date is today by default. I change the due date to "next week", "tomorrow", "friday", etc. it all works. But if I edit an older (overdue) task, the changes to the due date do not take effect at all - even if I type in an explicit date. So I think the issue doesn't have to do with the format of the date - it's just not updating the due date at all for some reason.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.