Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Milksync versus just using mobile?

cadmanmeg says:
Trying to figure out if Milksync is for me. Yes, I am going to check out the 15 day trial. I have a BB (Blackberry) and I can easily access RTM mobile and manage things from there. Also, there are some tasks in my Outlook that is shared via my connection to my computer that are not necessarily in RTM so that may jumble some things up. Right now I only use RTM and my BB on a personal level, but I am thinking about bringing it online with my job ot maybe help organize me there. Anyhow, I am curious what others thought about the differences between the two and whether you think one is a better workflow than the other and why? Thanks very much for all your input!
Posted at 6:41am on July 9, 2008
cadmanmeg says:
Can no one add anything to this? Would be helpful if anyone has thoughts on this! I have been messing with it some the last couple of days and not quite sold yet. I just wanted to see other peoples perspectives on it?!
Posted 15 years ago
hansd says:
I'm using a WinMobile device. What I found out for myself, is

1) sync must be as easy as possible
I should not be bothered using cables, specific computers etc to do my sync. Direct sync over the air is perfect.

2) all tasks (work, personal) should be in the same place
if I have access to my tasks, I have access to all my tasks

3) better have an offline version available as only to rely on inet access
Sometimes you don't have an i'net connecting, offline access is much faster and I can more easily filter my tasks (using pocket informant)

4) having access to my tasks both on mobile and almost any pc
most of my work is done on a pc, so I'd rather enter my tasks there than on my mobile. Also, as I use multiple pc's there should not be a restriction on available software etc.

I've used MyLifeOrganised for some time. This is a great app, but only being able to sync using active sync (it has a portable pc version) made it not workable for me.
Posted 15 years ago
nigel.godfrey says:
For me it comes down to having a level of simplicity and certainty to adding a task on my mobile, and it syncing without me having to worry about internet connections and browsers.

The mobile view is certaintly pretty good, although even in Opera Mini (and now Opera Mobile 9.5) it is not as simple as the WinMo task page.

Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.