Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Firefox & RTM & GMail FIXED

philipp.bornschlegl says:
Hi Everybody,

for about two weeks I tried to find out why Gmail (New Version) didn't work with RTM in any way; I tried deinstalling, reinstallung, uninstalling "Better GMail 2", reinstalling and so on.

BUT, it is a COOKIE PROBLEM!!!!

(I use the German Firefox, so I try to translate the option words, might not fit 100%).

Just go to Extras/Settings -->Privacy ==>Cookies ==>Exceptions and set www.rememberthemilk.com as "always accept cookies".

voila!

I think it is a problem with the filter which sorts out cookies from a "third provider" (see checkbox in the options), but if you uncheck this checkbox you will loose a lot of security, so you just set RTM as "always accept cookies".

please give feedback if it works at your systems, too!

Greetings from Erlangen, Germany,

Phil
You have to set www.rememberthemilk.com as
Posted at 7:49pm on July 8, 2008
(closed account) says:
No luck here.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
excellent! that fixed my Gmail/rtm!
Posted 15 years ago
rossruns says:
Thanks - sometimes I forget that we WANT third party cookies to get through. This fixed my issue.
Posted 15 years ago
nautipuss says:
I've been trying to figure that out for the last few days, cheers!
Posted 15 years ago
lane.lester says:
RTM/Gmail works some days and not others, and I can't tell what changes. I see I have "Accept third party cookies" and RTM's cookie is stored. But no RTM in Gmail.

I like the way RTM stores tasks, but I've never liked its main interface. The Gmail extension made RTM my GTD choice. I add a 2-character prefix to each task for its context, e.g., HOme.

So when the Gmail extension isn't working, I'm no good at GTD!

Lane
Posted 15 years ago
lane.lester says:
Later: I disabled the Better Gmail 2 addon, and RTM came back. Nuts to Better Gmail!

Lane
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Still broken if Google Lab's superstars is enabled.

-- I did the cookie change and still broken. Disabled superstars and it works.
Posted 15 years ago
Hey Guys,

meanwhile I tested the cookie workaround at several different PCs in different network situations at my university and it works everywhere, even with BetterGmail 2.
I read somewhere else that the Better GMail 2 Problem lies at some singular setting, but I could not figure out which one, yet.

But it works with:
* force encrypted connection
* inbox count first
* add row highlights
* attachement icons
* Folders4Gmail
* hide invites box
* Redesigned Skin

So long,

Phil
Posted 15 years ago
btw, found the same solution in another post, posted by "emily (remember the milk). Here it is, written in much more better language ;)

If you have third party cookies disabled in Firefox 3, or are using an ad blocking extension, this could prevent RTM from being able to login. It may be worth adding RTM to your exceptions list, if you haven't done so already:

1) Go to the 'Tools' menu in Firefox
2) Click on 'Options...'
3) Click on 'Privacy'
4) Press the 'Exceptions' button
5) Enter 'rememberthemilk.com'
6) Press the 'Allow' button

Hope this helps!
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Still borked in Flock 2.0b1 (FF3).
RTM is my only add-on.
I've added it to my allowed cookies.
It doesn't work on this PC or any of my Macs.

I'm getting frustrated!
(A native iPhone/iPod Touch app would make those frustrations vanish...)
Posted 15 years ago
ajs.cbr says:
same with steelopus bum in FF3.
Posted 15 years ago
datarat says:
Bravo!
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.