Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM update: User growth, site slowness, and hardware additions

emily (Remember The Milk) says:
I'm re-posting this blog post here as I know that not everyone reads our blog, and I wanted to make sure that people knew what was happening:

---

After a series of rather unexpected events (the Apple Design Award being just one of them!), we've been experiencing higher than usual traffic in RTM land.

In fact, over the past two weeks, an additional 60,000 people have joined RTM (Hi everyone! Welcome! :). We're still adding hardware to accommodate everyone -- we added more last week, but we'll need to schedule maintenance this weekend to perform additional upgrades (details on that coming soon in a separate post).

In the meantime, we apologise for any site slowness, particularly during peak times -- i.e., when it hits 9am in the US Eastern, Central, and Pacific timezones (and there are huge numbers of you guys logging in, anxious to get to your tasks!).

Due to the high traffic, we're also receiving a higher than usual volume of support emails -- we're working to respond to everyone as quickly as we can, but I wanted to apologise for any delays (we have a limited number of humans on the team, and the monkey and the cow just aren't much help with support). Thanks for your patience!
Posted at 12:38pm on June 26, 2008
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.