Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

No More "Daily To-Do"

(closed account) says:

I've been reading Allen's book "Getting Things Done" and he discusses this idea of "No More "Daily To-Do" that are bound to a date..

I'm just curious as to why RTM decided to implemented the idea of due-dates. I understand that it's easy to ignore, but it's there nevertheless and if there was some reason for it..

Thanks

J
Posted at 2:25pm on June 23, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
I've never actually read Getting Things Done. :)

We designed RTM to (hopefully!) be as flexible as possible, so you can enter as many properties of a task as you choose -- if you just want to have a list of task names you can do that, but you can also optionally set the due date, priority, tags, location, etc.

RTM wasn't designed with a particular task management methodology in mind, so if you prefer not to use due dates, please feel free to ignore that field.

Hope this helps!
Posted 15 years ago
hansd says:
Hi, you can use the due date to move tasks to the future so you are not bothered with them now (use a filter to look at you undated tasks and task that are due eg in a week).
Posted 15 years ago
jhwhite says:
I love Due Dates. I'm trying to implement something along the lines of Allen's GTD, but I'm still reading the book and haven't got to where he says no more daily todos.

But I use the Daily todo as my next action...sort of.

Anyway, I like it and it's one of the reasons I've chosen RTM.

J
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.