Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM For Gmail not working

ponderosatree says:
I use Google Apps for my domain. Was working yesterday and not today. I'm using the final release of Firefox 3. It was working with it yesterday but not today.

I did activate Gmail Labs. Could that be causing a problem?
Posted at 4:16pm on June 19, 2008
ponderosatree says:
BTW, I do NOT have Better Gmail installed and I tried reinstalling the RTM Gmail add-on. No luck.
Posted 15 years ago
mikearndt says:
This is odd. It works sometimes but not others. I added the exception recommend in other threads.
Posted 15 years ago
damon.court says:
RTM for Gmail is not working for me either. Was working fine yesterday. I'm using Firefox 2, haven't upgraded yet.
Posted 15 years ago
jconning says:
Stopped working for me as well, right after enabling some gmail labs features.
Posted 15 years ago
jconning says:
It's the gmail labs 'superlabels' option that creates the conflict. Once I disabled that particular feature, RTM for gmail was back up working. Too bad, because it would be nice to have more than one type of star (e.g. one for RTM list stuff, one for non-RTM stuff)
Posted 15 years ago
edrabbit says:
I'm using Google Apps for my domain as well and RTM is not showing. If I log into my "real" GMail account it shows up fine. Wondering if Google Apps changed anything
Posted 15 years ago
wmrandth says:
Mine suddenly stopped working too -- but I don't have an of the Labs options enabled. But I did upgrade GTDInbox, and that broke it (maybe). But even after uninstalling GTDInbox, and a completely reinstall, I can't get RTM back.
Posted 15 years ago
kolson29 says:
I'm with wmrandth - I'm using FF2, no labs - GTDInbox has been doing weird things the past few days so I uninstalled it because RTM wasn't showing - now I can't get RTM back. I've tried reinstalling the add-on, but no-go.

Help :-(
Posted 15 years ago
wastrel says:
Was working fine early this morning for me, but not working now. Interestingly, Gmail required me to login when I started it, which usually signifies some kind of change has occurred.

Looks like someone's going to need an update to their extension?
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'm having the same problem.

FF2
no Gmail Labs
no GTDInbox
yes Better Gmail 2
no Google Apps for Your Domain

I tried both disabling and uninstalling both RTM and Better Gmail with no luck.
Posted 15 years ago
cyphog says:
not working for me at work or at home through gmail.

same setup as amalas.
Posted 15 years ago
anna.dronzek says:
I'm using FF3, and RTM was working fine until last night, and now it's not - it doesn't show up in gmail at all. I'm not using the labs feature and don't have any of the other add-ons mentioned here installed.
Posted 15 years ago
marphod says:
Stopped working for me yesterday. Windows and Mac, FF2, no better Better Gmail. And I had no googlelabs until today (on the fixed width font one).

I have AdBlock Plus on both, and NoScript on the Mac.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
mine's not working through gmail either - tried all the rtm suggestions - still nothing.
Posted 15 years ago
20miler says:
has anyone heard back to RTM support on this yet? Looks like there are a few threads saying the same thing.

RTM support normally jumps right on top of these issues, but this one has been lingering for @ least a day w/ (as far as I know) no response from support
Posted 15 years ago
codetwist says:
Stopped working here as well (FF3). Can see tasks, but no Create task in actions.
Posted 15 years ago
milkingjose says:
FF2, not working, i'm thinking Gmail Labs is the root of the problem.
Posted 15 years ago
milkingjose says:
THIS IS NOW A MAJOR ISSUE. 16 DIFFERENT USERS COMPLANING ON THE SAME SPECIFIC ISSUE.

remember the milk: please help!!!! at least would be nice if someone from RTM post something here saying that they are were aware of the problem with gmail.
Posted 15 years ago
madadam says:
It had stopped working for me yesterday (FF2, no labs or other extensions except firebug). I just installed FF3 and now I'm back up again. Yay! ymmv
Posted 15 years ago
jabar004 says:
same problem !
Posted 15 years ago
jabar004 says:

I use flock with gmail labs.
2 days ago that the extension does not work
Posted 15 years ago
bay879 says:
The silence from RTM on this issue is annoying. Thanks madadam - upgrading to Firefox 3.0 fixed the issue!
Posted 15 years ago
balaji.pasumarthy says:
Upgrading to Firefox 3.0 worked for me as well.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
I apologise for the delay.

Google rolled out a new version of Gmail's code, and we've now updated to use the new code. (You may need to clear your cache and restart your browser if reloading Gmail doesn't fix it.)

If you continue to experience problems, we'd much appreciate it if you can submit a Gmail issue report via our new support system.

Please select the issue that you're experiencing from the list on the left, try the troubleshooting steps (if any are shown), and then submit your report -- this will help us greatly in resolving Gmail issues, as your report will provide all the information that we need to investigate further.

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
balaji.pasumarthy says:
Upgrading to FireFox 3.0 got RTM back in Gmail. But email icon in RTM does not take me to the relevant email. Nor does clicking on the profile icon take me to the Gmail profile page as it used to earlier.

Any suggestions?

Hope these get fixed early.
Posted 15 years ago
kajivar says:
RtM was working fine for me this evening but now it's not appearing at all. FF2, labs enabled, Better GMail. I went through all the troubleshooting steps but couldn't get it to come back. You don't know how much your OCD misses it until it's gone. . . .
Posted 15 years ago
hamid.yahya says:
Even MY RTM for Gmail's not working and I've tried everything from reinstalling firefox to disabling better gmail. I think its definitely got something to do with Google Labs for Gmail.
Posted 15 years ago
kevinfrancis says:
I'm having the same problems as well. This is really frustrating as now my entire inbox management scheme is throw out the window :(
Posted 15 years ago
jajaja3003 says:
not working here either.
FF 3.0 on Fedora FC9.
No Greasemonkey, cleared Cache, No "Better Gmail".
Labs enabled, but "Superstars" turned off (only Quick Links and Custom Date Formats enabled).
Posted 15 years ago
rgphilpott says:
I see that none of the recent posters here are stating what language they are using in Gmail.

The star/label/create task feature works for me (in GFYD) if I temporarily switch to US English, but not in English English.

Posted 15 years ago
jajaja3003 says:
mine is US-English.
Posted 15 years ago
raimiz says:
@rgphilpott

Yessss, you're right. When I switched Gmail-Language from German to English-US the task feature was activated. Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
No love for me either. Flock 2.0b1 Mac & PC.

RTM Tasks pane shows up on the right side of Gmail, but no tasks appear unless I "Log out of tasks" and then log back in. Then they appear until I close the tab and go away again when I bring open Gmail again...
Posted 15 years ago
matt.nitschke says:
Tried all that, switching languages back and forth... Still no tasks are displayed... Hope that RTM puts up a statement quick.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Google rolled out another new version of Gmail's code, and we've now updated to use the new code. (You may need to clear your cache and restart your browser if reloading Gmail doesn't fix it.)

If you continue to experience problems, we'd much appreciate it if you can submit a Gmail issue report via our support system.

Please select the issue that you're experiencing from the list on the left, try the troubleshooting steps (if any are shown), and then submit your report -- this will help us greatly in resolving Gmail issues, as your report will provide all the information that we need to investigate further.

To everyone who's submitted reports via this system already -- thank you! It's been a huge help to us in tracking down issues.
Posted 15 years ago
boazmopinion says:
in this order:
FF3 + new Gmail code - GTD Inbox + (Better Gmail 2 - general/macros - messages/show message details) + clear cache + FF restart = RTM working fine in gmail (also with google apps)

still, it does not work with Better Gmail 2 with macros and message details enabled
Posted 15 years ago
philipp.bornschlegl says:
GMail & RTM Issue fixed. See new topic. it's a COOKIE Problem (I guess).

Phil
Posted 15 years ago
egret says:
I installed it today...It still isn't working :\
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.