Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Twitter Reminders

jalm1 says:
Is anyone else experiencing RTM reminders not being sent DM reminders on twitter? i know twitter has been having issues lately but i didnt know if mine were localized or others where having them too.
Posted at 2:15am on June 10, 2008
zhc says:
Hmm.. unable to interact with RTM thru twitter for the past 3 days. Missed a lot of tasks as twitter is my primary interaction method with RTM. This completely breaks my workflow. Chaos. Hope it gets restored ASAP.
Posted 15 years ago
zhc says:
Update: Twitter + RTM is back alive.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
It looks like Twitter has been limiting their capacity during the Apple WWDC event to ensure that Twitter stays up.

This will likely be causing some issues, so hopefully they'll have everything restored soon (they're estimating 24 hours). If anyone continues experiencing problems beyond that, please let us know.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I've been having this same behaviour the last few days. Can post to Twitter and send to RTM via Twitter, but I'm not getting any of the direct messages from RTM at all.
Posted 15 years ago
We've checked into this and everything looks to be fine on our end (we're sending messages over to the Twitter side).

Unfortunately it looks like there's something not working on the Twitter end (it sounds like they're limiting their API capacity again, which could be causing issues).

We're reporting this to Twitter, but you can also let Twitter know that your account is affected and you're not receiving direct messages from rtm on Twitter.
Posted 15 years ago
tylermitchell says:
man, this is frustrating! It's nice that my tasks get added, but I can't get any of my info from RTM via twitter! It's been about 3 weeks!
Posted 15 years ago
momax71 says:
I'm experiencing the same problem: tasks are added to rtm but I'm not getting any direct message
Posted 15 years ago
craig.mcnamara says:
im not receiving any direct messages from RTM on twitter. i can send in tasks through twitter, but i never receive any direct messages back when i query anything like !getlist etc
Posted 15 years ago
arvid says:
Hi Craig,

do you receive an other direct messages from twitter (not RTM related?)

Arvid
Posted 15 years ago
adam.korvin says:
I'm having a similar problem - I receive confirmations of tasks and task reminders, but no responses to things like !getlist etc.
Posted 15 years ago
marcel.spitau says:
Hi there,
today was the first day trying RTM with twitter. I got a few (three) direct-messages and that was it... I have not changed anything. No more reminders via direct Message. I can add tasks via twitter and I do get directMessages from other twitter-users. It would be cool, if you guys could fix that ;)
MAW
(sorry for my bad english)
Posted 15 years ago
krysta says:
yeah, !get anything isn't happening. anybody know any more about this now? really really really hope it gets fixed soon!
Posted 15 years ago
We've been checking into this -- it's looking like some direct messages from Twitter aren't making it through to us (and some direct messages that we're sending back aren't making it to the Twitter user on the other end).

If your account is affected, I'd recommend contacting Twitter and letting the folks there know that you're experiencing problems sending/receiving direct messages with the 'rtm' user on Twitter. They might have a fix for affected accounts on their end; unfortunately we can't control delivery of Twitter messages from our side. :(
Posted 15 years ago
markaduffy says:
direct messages not getting through to user rtm. I can see the direct message in my sent items, but its not appearing on the rtm site.
Posted 15 years ago
mushroommano says:
RTM does not respond to bang (!) command tweets (message sent via Twitter).

Direct tweets from RTM appear in my Twitter web archive and arrive on my Twitter device. Normal tweets from Twitter web or from Twitter device create new tasks on [Inbox] list. But command tweets disappear.

[D RTM this is a new task] creates an [Inbox] task. [D RTM !TODAY] induces silence.
Posted 15 years ago
mpetnuch says:
I am having the same problem as mushroommano.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
If you are experienceing this problem, please report it on the Twitter problem report so that this issue gets more attention from Twitter support.

I'll venture that there are probably a lot more people affected by this than have bothered to find their way to the help forums. Every report counts.
Posted 15 years ago
brad.rosner says:
Have been having this same problem since setting up the RTM Twitter service yesterday, but literally 5 minutes ago, while researching this problem, I got my first confirmation email and direct message notifications in Twitterific, so I'm not sure if it's a time-of-day issue or if it's really fixed. Maybe the Olympics is straining the system?
Posted 15 years ago
jalm1 says:
I have not been getting any notifications for almost 2 months. I have even tried removing my twitter setup and re-adding it. I dont reminders or responses from commands. I almost think this issue with RTM as i am not having an issue with any other Twitter services that send me dm's. Emily or someone at RTM, can you please look into this from your end. The support at get satisification seems to indicate the problem is not on the twitter end.
Posted 15 years ago
Hey jalm1,

I'm following up with you via email as well. We last sent a direct message to your Twitter account on Aug 22 at 11:30am EST -- would it be possible to check if you received it?

We're going to monitor the next reminder we send to you via Twitter to see if Twitter is indicating any reason that it's not delivering the direct message to your account (unfortunately if Twitter is accepting the message without indicating an error, there's no way we can tell why Twitter isn't ultimately delivering the message to your account).
Posted 15 years ago
We've now investigated this further.

We've found that for some direct messages that we're sending to Twitter's system, the Twitter API is experiencing a problem and not successfully delivering the message.

We've reported the issue to the Twitter folks (it's actually a recurrence of an issue the Twitter API had last month, so hopefully they'll be able to get things working again soon :)
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I met this problem also.
Posted 15 years ago
scraig says:
Very frustrating to diagnose where the disconnect is between RTM or Twitter.

Have gone through all the hoops to account setup-> follow -> confirm with codes and still nothing seems to be working.

Combined with the fact the Twitter themselves seems to have a API outage this week. Or was that facebook?

Please advise. Monkey and all.

Posted 15 years ago
We've checked to make sure everything is running fine on our end; unfortunately it's sounding like Twitter still isn't delivering some of the messages that we're sending through (same as my post above from August 25).

Hopefully Twitter will have things working again soon!
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.