Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Firefox 3 RC2 Gmail Plugin Not logging in

(closed account) says:
Hey everyone, ever since installing Firefox 3 (RC1 and RC2) I haven't been able to get the RTM Gmail plugin to work. It shows up in the right pane and asks me to login like normal. I click the link and it redirects me to the login page like it normally does. I put in my username and password (correctly) and hit sign in. The page closes and brings me back to gmail - but I'm still not logged in. I tried refreshing a few times, closing the browser and reopening it - nothing. It still doesn't seem to remember that I'm already logged in.

Any ideas?
Posted at 1:18pm on June 5, 2008
(closed account) says:
I'm able to login just fine, with both RC1 and RC2.

However, I've been having another issue, which I believe is from the RTM addon. The Gmail pages that RTM is on tends to shift things around on the page, so that things displayed properly. This is with Firefox RC2 on Vista SP1.
Posted 15 years ago
cjdelrosario says:
I'm having the same problem. I login correctly but it never refreshes, even if I manually click refresh.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Has anyone found any solutions?
Posted 15 years ago
eboula says:
same problem here. i'm guessing they need to update the addon but i don't know that. whatever's wrong, it's annoying. i'm sure we'll get a fix soon though.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
If you have third party cookies disabled in Firefox 3, or are using an ad blocking extension, this could prevent RTM from being able to login. It may be worth adding RTM to your exceptions list, if you haven't done so already:

1) Go to the 'Tools' menu in Firefox
2) Click on 'Options...'
3) Click on 'Privacy'
4) Press the 'Exceptions' button
5) Enter 'rememberthemilk.com'
6) Press the 'Allow' button

Hope this helps!
Posted 15 years ago
kipphoward says:
I was having this same problem on one of my computers but not another. As suggested, the problem turned out to be the fact that I had third party cookies disabled in FF3RC2 on the machine where it wasn't working correctly.

After following the above steps, I was able to login with out problems.

Thanks emily.
Posted 15 years ago
hannanjf says:
Adding the exception for rtm worked for me as well.

Thanks.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
This worked for me also. Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
aaron.rinehart says:
This was the problem. Thanks RTM for giving us a solution so promptly.
Posted 15 years ago
diersacca says:
si possible en française
Posted 15 years ago
diersacca says:
as diersacca
en française ou en italin
Posted 15 years ago
philipp.bornschlegl says:
damn. thought I found out first. ;)

but anyway, the third-party-cookie-setting works fine at several places!

thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.