Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM for Gmail often does not load in Firefox 3 RC1

varrus says:
For some reason, I find that often I cannot get RTM for Gmail to show up. Refreshing sometimes works, but I end up having to do it sometimes 20 times. Is this something that is likely caused by some other extension I have installed (such as Better Gmail 2) or are there other people out there also experiencing this?
Posted at 10:42pm on June 2, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Can I ask if you're still experiencing these problems?

We've been doing some work to prepare RTM for Gmail for the final release of Firefox 3, and hopefully this should be resolved now -- but if it's still happening, please let me know.

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
rahulbatra1 says:
I am facing same situation in FF RC2. I am logged into my account but I cannot see the right sidebar. I have customize google and greasemonkey gmail script installed.
Posted 15 years ago
patrick.scott says:
I am still having the same problems that they mentioned above. I am using FF3, better gmail 2, and greasemonkey... I have had RTM in gmail show up maybe 3 times since I moved to FF3... I have tried uninstalling\reinstalling the add-on, and still no luck. I also tried the RTM add-on in a fresh (nothing added) install of FF3 and still couldn't get the RTM sidebar to show. Thanks for all the hard work guys... RTM rules!!!! Definitely made my life more organized... Thanks again!!!
Posted 15 years ago
rcclark says:
I too am having the same problem. Using FF3, Better Gmail2 and Greasemonkey. Tried removing all add-ons except RTM for Gmail it didn't fix it.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I am having the same problems in FF3. Other extensions: Better Gmail2, Greasemonkey, Customize Google, Interclue and Snap Links.

It shows up about 50% of the time. Restarting the browser sometimes works. Refreshing doesn't seem to make a difference, but I haven't spent hours testing it, so YMMV.
Posted 15 years ago
ferris7 says:
Count me as another victim of the Firefox 3 upgrade. I've only seen RTM appear once since I installed FF3 earlier today. I don't have any other extensions enabled currently.
Posted 15 years ago
joemik says:
RTM for GMail has been working just fine for me all the way back to FF30b5. I'm now on the official FF3 release and have no issues. I did see problems when I installed Better Gmail2 - maybe that's the culprit?
Posted 15 years ago
dwilliam says:
Yes, I am having the same problem - RTM not appearing in Gmail after the FF3 upgrade.
Posted 15 years ago
cek1227 says:
My problem has been intermittent, but seems worse today. I normally get the sidebar (Ubuntu 8, FF3).
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
On both FF2 and FF3 (I upgraded today) greasemonkey seems to be causing problems with RTM gmail addon. Once I disabled greasemonkey all was was fine, but this sadly leaves me sans my different signatures for different from addresses.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
RTM for Gmail does not load in Firefox 2.
Using Gmail (English US) with Xoopit. Once I tried to disable Xoopit, but RMT did not appear.
Posted 15 years ago
rudolfson says:
I experience just the same: sometimes the sidebar loads, sometimes it doesn't. I'm using Firefox 3 final and have Better Gmail 2 (by lifehacker.com) installed.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Google rolled out a new version of Gmail's code, and we've now updated (once again!) to use the new code. (You may need to clear your cache and restart your browser if reloading Gmail doesn't fix it.)

This may resolve some of the issues reported in this topic, but if you continue to experience problems, we'd much appreciate it if you can submit a Gmail issue report via our new support system.

Please select the issue that you're experiencing from the list on the left, try the troubleshooting steps (if any are shown), and then submit your report -- this will help us greatly in resolving Gmail issues, as your report will provide all the information that we need to investigate further.

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.