Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM plugin for FF only appears in gmail now and again

gil.cocker says:
This has been happening for the last week. For some reason the RTM task window only appears in my gmail sometimes and there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it.

I'm definately logged into RTM, running FF 3 latest version and in the new version of Gmail. I've had it working before. Any ideas?
Posted at 10:27pm on June 1, 2008
gil.cocker says:
SOLVED - conflict between Better Gmail 2 and RTM plugin for FF
Posted 15 years ago
nabilalk says:
@gil.cocker, what was the conflict that you found specifically? I too have this sporadic issue.

Thanks!

-NKA
Posted 15 years ago
varrus says:
Yes, please elaborate!
Posted 15 years ago
gil.cocker says:
Sure, it was a conflict between the latest Better Gmail script and RTM/FF 3 and the new gmail. I think it's something to do with greasemonkey scripts affect the RTM plugin. So best bet is to go through Better Gmail turn everything off and then begin turning each feature on in turn until you work out what is stopping RTM from working.

In my case I had to turn off Macros and Show Message Details and One Click conversations. The macros is a little annoying for the occasional times I use them but I can live with it seen as though RTM now works.

Hope this helps.
Posted 15 years ago
rj.h says:
Same here. Uninstalled/re-installed Better Gmail and RTM. Still the same. The top portion of RTM shows up (sometimes, other times nothing). Also tried with just RTM installed but same prob.
Posted 15 years ago
janet.jansen says:
I've had this problem beginning on Monday. Other family members use Gmail as well. It now shows up in my son's Gmail account but not mine. This wasn't a problem before.
Posted 15 years ago
jeremy.joslin says:
I think the conflict might be because of the new Gmail Labs. I don't have any other gmail plugins loaded.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.