Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Taskless reminders?

cory.riddell says:
I would like to receive a reminder every Tuesday morning on my phone to tell me to take out the trash. I set up a recurring task to do this, but I'm not really happy with the results. I don't want "take out the trash" cluttering up my task list, I just want a scheduled reminder.

I find myself using another service (I won't name her :) for simple reminders of recurring tasks to avoid cluttering my rtm lists. I'm mostly worried about clutter in the lists shown in the gmail plugin because there simply isn't much screen real estate.

Is there a better way of handling this?
Posted at 4:55pm on May 29, 2008
cory.riddell says:
You know, it never fails. As soon as I post something I figure out the solution.

I created a new list called Hidden. I put my reminders on there then set up a smartlist "NOT list:Hidden" and that shows me all my tasks, except for the ones I don't want to see.

*sigh*
Sorry for the noise.
Posted 15 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Actually, I think the most efficient way to look at your tasks (and maybe even getting them done ;-) is to use smart lists. It's even possible to have smart lists calling other smart lists in a tree structure way if you want.

If you keep all your tasks in the Inbox, you could have MyInbox with the criteria "list:Inbox AND NOT tag:hidden", that way you don't need a separate list, only a tag.
Posted 15 years ago
cory.riddell says:
Yeah, I thought about just making a hidden tag. For now, I'm happy with the solution because what I've added to my hidden list is just things I want to get an sms reminder for. They will never really be completed.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.