Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Using Gmail Labels to Add Tasks - Not Working

iaintait says:
Hi All

I'm using Gmail integration and trying to get the automatic task creation to work. I've tried both the automatic task creation based on starring and on labeling, and neither of them seem to work.

* Create a task when I label an email with 'todo'

The panel on the right where I'm able to add tasks and mark as postponed, etc. all seems to work - but nothing that I set up from within settings / tasks in Gmail seems to be working at all.

I've tried refreshing, emptying cache, restarting browser, restarting mac, but no help.

Anyone got any tips?
Posted at 9:00pm on May 13, 2008
figgs says:
This used to work for me when I used Gmail as English US a few weeks back in order to get RTM to work with it. When Gmail was upgraded for all languages, I switched back to English UK and began using RTM there.

I have been trying today also (in both English UK & US) to use the label auto task creation feature and it is not working for me either.

Anyone else out there experiencing the same as myself & iaintait?
Posted 15 years ago
dknight212 says:
I'm just trying out RTM as a recent convert to gmail. I can't get the feature to work either. Also using English (UK). My default email address in gmail is my own domain name rather than @googlemail.com - not sure if this is relevant though.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I am having the same problems. Use regular gmail account with FF 2.0.0.14.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We're checking this out -- it looks like Google has released a new version of Gmail's code to some users. We'll need to update our extension to handle their changes.
Posted 15 years ago
iaintait says:
Hi Emily

Thanks for the reply.

Any news on this?
Posted 15 years ago
fedecalo says:
Hello,
I just installed RTM FF plugin for gmail, but the autoadd functionality (the most interesting in my opinion) is not working for me.
I changed all the languages and tried whatever, but unsuccessful. Any news about a solution?

Thanks,
F
Posted 15 years ago
jwfonseca says:
Stars and Labels are not working for me. I really am excited about this new application. When should it be up and running again?
Posted 15 years ago
Google's changed Gmail's code once again... we're currently working to get updated for this :)
Posted 15 years ago
We've updated the extension to handle the latest Gmail code changes (you may need to clear your cache and restart your browser if reloading Gmail doesn't fix it). Please let us know if you continue to experience problems.

Also, it may be worth mentioning that as Google has been changing Gmail's code for versions of Gmail other than US English -- so if you're using Gmail in another language (even UK English), it might be worth trying to switch to US English and see if that helps. (We're looking into this to see if we can support the non-US english versions of Gmail too.)
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Works for me now, but only using US English. Many thanks for fixing it!
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
@emily Where can I find the updated extension? 1.01 says Version: 1.0.1 Released: 26 Jan 2008. Is there a newer one?
Posted 15 years ago
michael.hettich says:
still isn't working for me. I started using RTM today so I should be having the latest FF plugin. I am using US English and FF3.

I am not sure if it is connected to the Labs Features, i tried to disable the superstars - but still no sucess...
Posted 15 years ago
Google rolled out a new version of Gmail's code, and we've now updated (once again!) to use the new code. (You may need to clear your cache and restart your browser if reloading Gmail doesn't fix it.)

If you continue to experience problems, we'd much appreciate it if you can submit a Gmail issue report via our new support system.

Please select the issue that you're experiencing from the list on the left, try the troubleshooting steps (if any are shown), and then submit your report -- this will help us greatly in resolving Gmail issues, as your report will provide all the information that we need to investigate further.

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.