Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Content protection on Blackberry with MilkSync screws up everything

turadg says:
I was running MilkSync successfully and later enabled Content Protection on my Blackberry. After doing this and MilkSync syncing once, I had a new list on the web RTM client called "" and every single one of my tasks was copied to this list except with a new task title, "". (I can tell that they're the same as my previous tasks because the deadline and priorities were preserved.)

Thankfully all my old tasks were still there so the workaround has been to disable Content Protection back and delete all tasks containing the term.

Still, I would like MilkSync to work with content protection, or at least refuse to sync while it is enabled.
Posted at 8:36pm on April 25, 2008
turadg says:
UPDATE: I was wrong... that workaround didn't work because after doing it many of my old tasks are gone. Some remain but most are gone, and I can't figure out any pattern to what was deleted.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
turadg, I'm following up with you via email so we can get this fully restored for you.

I apologise for this issue. This was basically happening if a sync was attempted while the device was locked and its data was encrypted (the BlackBerry operating system was randomly indicating that some tasks had been modified, but then not giving access to them).

We actually had this fixed completely in version 1.0.4 (which we rolled out shortly after launching -- it's available at www.rmilk.com/milksync), but unfortunately folks on version 1.0.3 or earlier could still have been caught by this issue.

We've now rolled out more fixes on our side so that if a device using 1.0.3 or earlier attempts to sync with content protection changes, we won't let it mess up the tasks in RTM. This should prevent the issue from happening with earlier versions, but I would still recommend making sure that you're on the latest version of MilkSync.

Unfortunately part of the problem was that although we had the issue fixed early via a software update, MilkSync only shows that updates are available when you're in the software -- we need to look at a better way of notifying people that important updates are available.

Hope this helps!
Posted 15 years ago
turadg says:
Thanks for resolving this. Excellent support!
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
No problem :)
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.