Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Task indicator shows up daily in Google Calendar

nabilalk says:
Hello, thanks for the great product!

I just added RTM to Google Calendar, and the task indicator shows up every day, whether or not I have a task assigned for that day or not. I have tried eliminating any and all tasks with no due dates, however, that did not alleviate the problem. Is this a glitch, or is there some setting that I can adjust, so that this is no longer an issue?

Thanks!

-NKA
Posted at 7:00pm on April 24, 2008
nabilalk says:
Ok, so it appears as if this is the default action for remember the milk, at least according to the Services page, "You should now see the small tasks icons on each day, and can click on the icons to access your tasks"

Although, if you see the task icon on each day, then how do you know what days you actually have tasks assigned to? Is there no way to change the color of the task icon or some other adjustment so that you can distinguish between the days with task assigned, and those without?
Posted 15 years ago
xynetha says:
Hi nabilalk,

Personally, I prefer to use the

iCal private addresses feed

vs

Google Calendar gadget

because I don't like having to do an extra click to see my tasks for that day. I have a smart list that pulls all my tsa tasks (time specific actions) into one list and I have that feed on my Google Calendar, so I see all the events at their proper times.

Of course, that means I have to tag anything that I put a time on with "tsa". I also tag day specific actions with "dsa"... but personally don't like seeing day specific actions on my google calendar - I have RTM for that.

Hope that helps!
Posted 15 years ago
xynetha says:
One more note, the iCal feed unfortunately makes every event exactly 1 hour, even if you filled the estimated time attribute. So if you add the iCal private addresses feed to your Google Calendar, all your events will be in an hour block.
Posted 15 years ago
crossz says:
nabilalk is right. My calendar is fully covered by RTM's, everyday is "black", from the gadget of the calendar i can not tell which day I have event and task.

So I have to delete rtm. Such a working way is just like a virus for computer, it covers all your disk.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.