Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Tasks to inherit properties of the smart list where it is added

(closed account) says:
Is there a way that a task can inherit the properties of the smart list where it is added? That is, I have a smart list that I have open most of the time. But as the tasks added there don't get the same properties, the task disappears before I have the chance to change its priority for example.

Or maybe my search for that smart list is too complicated? The complete search looks like this: priority:1 OR dueBefore:tomorrow NOT dueAfter:today AND isShared:false

I'd like tasks added when in that task list to automatically get priority:1.

Thanks!

/Daniel
Posted at 9:37pm on April 8, 2008
landon.springer says:
Well, if the smartlist is based on conditions, you could easily see the problem in that:

"dueBefore: tomorrow"

Obviously you can't set before tomorrow as a due date...

Tags are inherited (all that's inherited, I think) when a task is created in a smartlist... try to use that to your advantage.

Landon
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Details on how task properties are inherited when adding to Smart Lists are available here. In a nutshell, the search criteria needs to be unambiguous to be inherited (so it won't work with OR, or as Landon mentioned, things like dueBefore).

Hope this helps!
Posted 15 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Not really helping you in adding the properties but at least stopping the new task from disappearing even if it doesn't meet the (original) smart list criteria - check out this tip in Tips&Tricks.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.