Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM gets stuck(?) on "Initializing"

eocellus says:
I'm using FF2 (2.0.0.13) in Leopard. Last couple days, I log into RTM, the page is mostly blank, and under my username/Welcome it says "Initializing..."

...But nothing ever loads. Works fine on another computer w/ the same version of FF/same operating system. Any thoughts?

Thanks -
Posted at 5:05am on April 2, 2008
eocellus says:
I don't think it's related to the last FF update, btw. Problem didn't appear until a few days later.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
eocellus, would it be possible to try clearing Firefox's cache and cookies, and restarting the browser?

If the problem continues, I would recommend trying the secure HTTPS URL:

https://www.rememberthemilk.com/

If it works with this URL, something on your computer (e.g. security or anti-virus software) or your Internet connection (e.g. proxy) might be blocking the RTM code from loading correctly.

If it doesn't work with the HTTPS URL, it may be worth trying Firefox in safe mode and see if this resolves the issue (more details on safe mode are available here). Safe mode will run Firefox without extensions and third-party software that may be interfering with RTM.

Hope this helps!
Posted 15 years ago
joni.blake says:
I am having the same initializing problem using IE on a Windows Mobile 6 (blackjack 1) device.

I can get to RTM on any computer without a problem, but when i try to access my list from my phone, it hangs up initializing.

I tried the https url with no luck, and clearing out the cache didn't help either.

Any ideas? thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
beau.raines says:
I have found that cleaning the cache and cookies has been helpful in the past when I've had a problem like eocellus.

Joni - my blackjack often hangs on initializing web pages - any of them. I've found that if I don't use the web browser frequently enough (every 6 hours or so) it just hangs.

I shut it off and restart it and it works fine. I'm not sure if you have that problem with other sites as well or only RTM...
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.