Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Google Calendar integration

ubikfurious says:
Hello, when I add RTM in my google calendars, I don't see any "Share my calendar" setting.

Is my RTM calendar public or private ?
Posted at 11:42am on April 1, 2008
xynetha says:
Your RTM calendar is public.
Posted 15 years ago
ubikfurious says:
No way to make it private ?
Posted 15 years ago
xynetha says:
If you have private addresses turned on, you can add one of your lists (including a smart list) to your Google Calendar.
Click here for the private addresses section in the FAQ

You may not add the "All Lists" event feed to your calendar with private addressed turned on though. Something that took me a bit to figure out. If you read the iCal FAQ, it goes from private addresses, to adding to your calendar, to adding all lists to your calendar without mentioning that private addresses on disables the All List feed. I've submitted a request to elaborate on that part of the FAQ.

I think there is a latency between tasks updated in RTM showing up in Google Calendar, though that may be on the Google side. Currently, I have a smart list that pulls all the tasks with tags describing an event (meeting, gathering, appointment, etc) and have added that to my Calendar since there's no way to just do a search on tasks with a starting TIME not just a due date.
Posted 15 years ago
xynetha says:
Err, sorry ub, i got technical but didn't really explain public vs private.

Private addresses makes your event feed a long, hard to guess string. So your list is still technically public, but not easily accessible. Unless you copy that address and publish it or send it to a bunch of friends, people will most likely not stumble upon your calendar feed. Also make sure to leave "Allow others to find this public calendar via Google Calendar search?" unchecked when you're adding the URL to your calendar.

You can reset your event feed address any time under settings, so if an address gets compromised somehow, you can get a new one.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.