Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Cannot add tasks on iPhone - taken back to login every time!

(closed account) says:
Error: Cannot add task via iPhone. I am able to log in on the iPhone/RTM site, but my credentials are never saved (have to log in each time). When trying to add a task, I can tap the "+" to enter a task, but as soon as I go to save it, I get the log in screen, sightly grayed out, with the little "working" circle in the center. This screen never changes and I am stuck just closing safari. This has be happening the past week or so. I have never had this until recently, nor have any apps been recently installed. Thanks in advance for any help.
Posted at 7:36pm on March 30, 2008
adam.buckeridge says:
Are you using version 1.1.4 for the iPhone? if so there is an issue with cookies on that version of the phone , it does not save cookies correctly. the fix required that you either downgrade to 1.1.3 or that you have a jailbroken phone. If it is jailbroken then you need to ssh into the phone and enter the following :
chown -R mobile /var/mobile/

for more details see here:
http://www.ben.geek.nz/iphone-google-reader-gmail-facebook-cookie-fix/

Posted 16 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Adam, thanks for posting this! We've also been receiving reports via email from people frustrated by this issue, so it's good to hear that there's a solution (even though it would be much nicer if Apple hadn't broken this :)
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.