Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Task reminders...

morisimo says:
Is it possible to be reminded at a time before the task is due equal to the time it will take to complete the task?

For example, I have to type up some minutes from a meeting, and I know it will take me an hour. It is due at 16 00, can I automatically be reminded at 15 00 instead of manually setting how long before I would like to be reminded.

In case I am not making myself clear, which is a very real possibility, lets say I then have to finish reading a book by 18 00 the same day and know it will take me 2 hours, can I be reminded at 16 00 just as I finish typing up the minutes?

Catch my drift?

Thanks
Posted at 2:47am on March 22, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We don't currently take into consideration the time estimate when sending reminders -- the reason for this is that we don't know when the user intends to complete a particular task. It could be immediately before the due date, but in the example of a report that might take 6hrs to write, the user might work on this task over a few days (not the 6hrs immediately before it's due).

Having said that, we'll be continuing to look at how we can use time estimates in the site in the future.

Hope this helps!
Posted 16 years ago
morisimo says:
Good point, didn't think of that! Thanks for getting back to me. Maybe you could add an end time to the tasks and have the option of adding a task to google calendar if it has a duration associated with it.

I try to use RTM to motivate myself and make me do things, so structure is the way this happens, hence the request. I realise this is more difficult than I thought, but never mind!

Great work on the service, I love it!
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.