Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

conflicts between Gmail shortcuts and RTM

patriiiiiiiiiick says:
Hello!

Something is turning me mad at times: when modifying a task in RTM for Gmail, I often find myself archiving or muting an conversation in Gmail because of keyboard shortcuts used there. I personally use better Gmail 2 which has some extra shortcuts (but I don't think it matters, in fact).

I just searched the forum but nothing on this topic came up. Am I the only one to encounter this?

Patrick
Posted at 11:12pm on March 7, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hmm, that's weird. We don't actually have any keyboard shortcuts in the Gmail extension, so maybe it could be the extension combined with something else? Would it be possible to try disabling other extensions that affect Gmail, and see if the problem still occurs? Thanks!
Posted 16 years ago
patriiiiiiiiiick says:
Emily,

You kind of missed my point maybe because I was not that clear but you made a good suggestion. The problem occurs only when using the modified gmail macros extension (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/14189) which comes along better gmail 2.

Its focus management is too greedy and steals the focus from RTM extension.

I'll try to notify the developer and link him to here.

Patrick
Posted 16 years ago
patriiiiiiiiiick says:
Posted issue there:
http://groups.google.com/group/gmail-power-users/browse_thread/thread/dd512bc4a38f9d11
Posted 16 years ago
patriiiiiiiiiick says:
Emily,

Sewpafly, the developer of the modified macro extension has responded to my message. Since the required follow-up is quite technical, could you please have a look there and tell me the classes names?

Thank you!

Patrick
Posted 16 years ago
Sure, we'll put together a list of fields and send it to sewpafly.
Posted 16 years ago
patriiiiiiiiiick says:
Err... I understood the idea was to send me the list of fields so that I could test if it helps before sewpafly makes this change for everybody.

Patrick
Posted 16 years ago
Okay, it turns out we're not using any class names (so that method won't work to identify our fields), but sewpafly could ignore any fields that are inside of a div with an id 'remember-the-milk' or a class of 'rtm-task-card-container'. Hope this helps.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.