Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Gmail plug in no longer working?

ian.betteridge says:
This morning, the Gmail Firefox extension appears to have stopped working for me - anyone else having this problem?
Posted at 9:39am on February 21, 2008
cintra says:
No, its working ok for me, as is twitter to rtm via sms which I had never tried before and seems to be giving a lot of trouble to a number of people.. I am based in Norway btw.
Posted 16 years ago
ian.betteridge says:
It's now started working again for me, so it was probably something local. Thanks!
Posted 16 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Gmail updated their code today, but our extension is up-to-date so this should be fine.

If anyone has any problems, please try reloading Gmail (if that doesn't work, you may need to clear cache and restart the browser first).

If you continue to experience problems, please let us know. Thanks!
Posted 16 years ago
tateforgey says:
The extension is working fine for me, but I've been trying and trying to get it to auto-suggest from my Google calendar without any luck. (Have it set in my Gmail settings to auto-suggest, made sure to use the proper key-words - on, etc., tried events from multiple calendars, logged out and logged back in repeatedly to both Gmail and Google Calendar.)

Any ideas?
Posted 16 years ago
tateforgey says:
Oops - after more searching I came across this post, which illuminates the fact that you can only access events in your "default" calendar.

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/help/3434/

Besides that being a little weird since there is no gmail setting for a default calendar (that seems like an oversight) the great thing about google calendar is that I have a bunch of them.

Even in your example of, "Buy flowers 2 days before Mother's Day" my instance of mother's day is on a shared calendar of, "US Holidays" and not mucking up my personal calendar.

In any case, its clear that it would be great to get info. from all calendars. Is this in the works?
Posted 16 years ago
deanypop says:
I'm trying to setup RTM with Google Apps, I've turned on the "new features" checkbox, but I don't get the tasks window or the tasks option under settings using RTM for Gmail with Firefox 2.0.0.12.

After checking a personal gmail account, the same setup works fine. Could it be that something changed that only affects Gapps?
Posted 16 years ago
tateforgey, regarding other calendars, we're checking out the possibility of adding support for this.
Posted 16 years ago
deanypop, sometimes it can take a while for your Google Apps account to get the new version (we've heard of it taking 24hrs + after turning on that option). Hope this helps!
Posted 16 years ago
deanypop says:
Thanks, emily! That's what it was.

I now have a new problem: the same RTM is showing up with my free gmail and Google Apps accounts. Ideally, I'd like to be able to turn it off (not just hide it) for my standard gmail account, and only have it work in Google Apps... But if I logout in gmail, it logs me out in both places. :(
Posted 16 years ago
sylvainstg says:
I somehow lost the "forward to RTM" link at the bottom of the email this morning (was beside the reply and forward links)
Posted 16 years ago
luis.baraldo says:
I am not longer able to create a task from my email.
Posted 16 years ago
dmnd says:
The RTM task list in not appearing in my Gmail page anymore. If I star an email a task is created, and there is a tasks section in settings, but the task list never shows up. I'm using Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; en-GB; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12 and the RTM extension is fully updated (1.0.1).

I tried clearing cache and restarting the browser but it didn't work. Anything else I can try, or any other info you need to debug?
Posted 16 years ago
sparklet says:
I'm experiencing some weirdness with the RTM/Gmail addon. I have the addon installed on my work PC and my personal Mac (both with the latest version of Firefox).

Most of the time when I'm working on my Mac (Tiger), the task list doesn't show up, even if I've cleared my cache and restarted my browser. I have also made sure I have logged out of gmail and rtm from the PC to see if this changes anything.

On the PC(WinXP), I've noticed that the task list appears everytime, but soemtimes if I've logged in to RTM and someone else logs in to THEIR gmail account, they see my task list (there are multiple users of the PC during the day as it is the POS system for our shop.)

I really miss using RTM on my Mac, as that's when I have the most time to actually accomplish tasks.

Is there anything I can do to alleviate these issues? Thanks!

:) sparkle

Posted 16 years ago
klillevo says:
I am not getting any updates to Google Calendar/RTM. Is this a similar problem?
Posted 16 years ago
We're checking into this, as Gmail seems to have updated their code again for a small number of users.

Regarding Google Calendar, we've had a few reports of iCalendar subscriptions not updating in Google Calendar this week. It might be worth reporting this to the Google folks if you're still experiencing this issue, as subscriptions are handled on their end.

Hope this helps!
Posted 15 years ago
This issue should now be fixed -- we confirmed that Google did indeed change their code again, so we had to update this feature to use the new Gmail code. (You may need to clear your cache and restart your browser if reloading Gmail doesn't fix it.) Please let us know if you continue to experience problems. Thanks! :)
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.