Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Sending tasks via email that includes a disclaimer

ernal says:
Is there a way of getting the program to disregard everything after a certain character or string on an email.
The problem I have is when I try and send a task via email from work, our corporate disclaimer is added to the email when it goes thru Exchange.
I have tried adding the --- to the bottom so that the disclaimer appears as a note that I could delete, but it doesnt work. The task always ends up with info all over the place and requires a lot of editing.

Any suggestions?
Posted at 11:53pm on December 13, 2005
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Can you please send an example email to [old address removed]? (Just send it exactly like you would when you send tasks via email.)

If anyone else would like to send us examples with disclaimers too, please feel free :)
Posted 18 years ago
ryan.berkowitz says:
I have the same problem with the disclaimer and will send you an example. Thanks :o)
Posted 18 years ago
ryan.berkowitz says:
Emily, just sent it...thanks
Posted 18 years ago
Thanks Ryan, got it!

We're working on adding a code word that signifies the end of the message so that corporate disclaimers aren't included. I'll post again once this is done.
Posted 18 years ago
If you include the following on a line by itself

-end-

then anything after this line will be ignored.

You can prevent corporate disclaimers and signatures from ending up as notes by including this.
Posted 18 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.