Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM & Vista

hbhooper says:
I'm having horrible problems with any link taking me back to the overview screen, so I have to use shortcuts. Still works fine with XP.

Has anyone else had problems with using RTM with Vista and how did you sort out.

Thanks
Posted at 5:35pm on January 16, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
hbhooper, do you happen to use any security or anti-virus software on your computer?
Posted 16 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Also, can I ask which browser you're using? If you're using Firefox, do you have any extensions installed?

Thanks!
Posted 16 years ago
hbhooper says:
emily,

I use ie7 and mcafree. Both were loaded on a new PC only a weel ago. Its impossible to use RTM now which is a shame.
Posted 16 years ago
hbhooper says:
Well, I can't believe I'm the only one using RTM with vista.

I've linked with google calender so that at least I can see my tasks now, but when I following a link from google, I am always taken back to the task list that the link took me to rather than where I want to go.

Posted 16 years ago
redviper says:
I am using RTM with vista on both FF and IE7. I don't think this is a vista issue though. Try disabling the virus scanner and install the IE7 security updates.

Are you running with UAC disabled?
Posted 16 years ago
dcefrance says:
Just to add...

I use RTM on several computers (desktops and laptops) running Vista and IE7 without any problem whatsoever.

I couldn't work without it!
Posted 16 years ago
hbhooper says:
Thanks, redviper

UAC is enabled and all IE7 updates are installed, and I've tried with McAfee off.

Still no good.
Posted 16 years ago
lwallach says:
hbhooper, what do you mean by "links" taking you back to the overview page? I can go to the overview by clicking on the link in the menu at the top just fine in IE7 and Vista. What other links are there to the overview?
Posted 16 years ago
hbhooper says:
Iwallach,

All of the links take me back to the first page that I arrive on RTM.

For example, when I first log in I have the overview Today page, and the Overview, Tommorow, Overdue tabs. If I click Overdue tab, I get a very brief flash of the overdue tasks then the page automatically reloads the today tasks.

Likewise, if I click on one of the task cloud links the same thing happens.

If I go to an individual task by using google calendar, the correct task list is displayed but then if I try to add a note, amend a date etc, the page reloads and the task list is shown again.

I can navigate to some degree by using the shortcut keys but, this isn't always an answer.

Thanks for any advice, but it is on a brand new pc with all updates of vista loaded. I can use RTM on my old laptop without a problem
Posted 16 years ago
lwallach says:
Again, it's not Vista, many people, includeing myself, have Vista with all the updates and we can access the overview tabs and the tag cloud just fine. My guess is that it is some third-party add-on that the company that made your laptop added - such as some securtity feature, anti-adware/spam, etc. Who knows, it could be some security setting within IE. Why don't you add RTM to your trusted sites in IE and see if that does anything?
Posted 16 years ago
hbhooper says:
Thanks for trying,

I've added RTM to IE's trusted sites, and now the links come up with a message that no lists are found.

I can't work out why RTM should be any different as all other websites I've tried work ok.
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.