Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

How to get MSN reminder to work?

shawn.wang says:
First I want to thank you guys for the great work!

I set up Mobil, emails for reminder, and they all work fine!
but I had a truble about MSN.
I already put my MSN's email address on the text box and saved it, but it still doesn't work. I put the same email address on the email option, and it works fine.

Any ideas?

Posted at 8:52pm on November 27, 2005
shawn.wang says:
Sorry, I found the answer in Help.
http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answers/reminders/noim.rtm

Posted 18 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Shawn, just let me know if you continue to experience problems :)
Posted 18 years ago
kylir says:
Hi,

I'm having a problem with MSN that is pretty much the same thing. I've added remind@rememberthemilk.com to my buddy list, yet I don't recieve any messages from it. I'm using Trillian, but I don't suppose that has anything to do with it. Am I missing something here? Thanks!
Posted 17 years ago
kylir says:
PS - I've taken all the other steps that are mentioned in everything. (IE: Setting up the settings portion of my account)
Posted 17 years ago
kylir, does the Remember The Milk user appear online for you? Do your reminders work for other reminder methods such as email?

If you can email us at [old address removed] and let us know a task that you expected to receive an MSN reminder for, and when you expected to receive it, we can investigate this. Thanks!
Posted 17 years ago
kylir says:
Hey Emily,
I'm at home right now and I just tested it out and it worked wonderfully. At home I'm using Windows Live messenger. I've tested the email reminders and they work great. The only thing is that it is really annoying to get tons of email reminders. :)

At work I use Trillian for my instant messenger and I tested it a lot and never got anything from RTM, although it did appear online.

When I go to school, I use Gaim on a Linux machine. I don't remember if I've tested it out there or not, but I can try and see if it works.

On Monday when I got into work, I'll try it again and see if anything has changed and if it is working. So, for right now, it certainly works when I use Live Messenger and everything is configured properly. Maybe there's some deal with Trillian? Thanks! Have a wonderful day.
Posted 17 years ago
It should be possible to receive the reminders using Trillian too (that's actually what I'm using as well :)

I remember another user experiencing a similar problem -- they could receive the reminders with the official MSN client, but not with Trillian. I think that user was able to get it working by using the official client to remove the Remember The Milk buddy and then add it as a contact again. After they did that, Trillian started working too. So perhaps try using Live Messenger to remove the contact and add it again, and see if that makes a difference? Let me know how you go!
Posted 17 years ago
kylir says:
Hey wow, I think you were right. Over the weekend when I got the reminders to start working with Live messenger, I think I may have removed the RTM buddy and readd it to my list. (I'm not sure though)

Anyway, just a few moments ago I recieved a reminder from RTM through Trillian. So... it is working now! :)

Thanks again for the help. I can't believe that there's only two of you working on this thing and yet you find time to do support stuff like this. You're doing a great job. Keep it up!

Thanks again for a great service. I'm hooked. Oh, by the way, I'll get doubly hooked if you could make it possible to get the exported iCal files to work with an iPod. I'd REALLY dig that. Thanks!
Posted 17 years ago
No problem -- glad that it works for you (I have no idea why it happens, but doing that seems to fix it :)

I'll reply in the iPod topic about iCalendar.
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.