Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Pressing '.' deletes a task

vamshikk says:
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to know if this is an intended action. I accidentally found out that pressing '.' (period) deletes the selected task. If a task is not selected it gives the mesaage "You have to select something to delete...".

Not listed on the shortcut list...

~V
Posted at 11:10pm on December 24, 2007
karen.buckland says:
I have tested this an I'm getting the same result. This seems a little risky. There may be a mis-assignement of key codes, because the keyboard shortcut list shows that the key should be used to delete the selected task, but it doesn't work.

-Karen
Posted 16 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Definitely not intended -- this has now been fixed. Thanks for reporting this.
Posted 16 years ago
klaasdepoel says:
Hi,

Pressing the period still deletes my task. The shortcut list shows as the key to press, but that doesn't work for me. Of course Del is . on the numeric keyboard, but it only works when Num Lock is on.
Posted 16 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
klaasdepoel, would it be possible to try clearing your browser's cache, restarting the browser, then logging in again (just in case it's loading an old version)?

If it still occurs, would it be possible to let us know:

1) Which browser are you using?
2) Which operating system are you using?
3) What kind of keyboard are you using? Is it US/English QWERTY or another keyboard?

Thanks!
Posted 16 years ago
klaasdepoel says:
Hi emily,

Problems seem to occur on Internet Explorer only. At work I'm only using IE6.0 (company policy... yeah, I know...). At home I'm using FF2.0.

Within FF2.0 it works as described in the FAQ. The key deletes the task, the dot doesn't. I've also got a IE6.0 at home and in IE6.0 the dot deletes the task, the doesn't.

My keyboard is QWERTY.
Posted 16 years ago
klaasdepoel says:
Hmm, the previous post deleted the reference to the delete key (with brackets)

It should read as follows: Within FF2.0 it works as described in the FAQ. The delete-key deletes the task, the dot doesn't. I've also got a IE6.0 at home and in IE6.0 the dot deletes the task, the delete-key doesn't.
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.