Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Keyboard Shortcuts

david.hogg says:
In Firefox some of the keyboard shortcuts don't seem to work. Control Shift 7, 8, 9, 0, for example.
Posted at 3:06am on November 25, 2005
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Thanks for reporting this -- we'll check it out.
Posted 18 years ago
tm2000 says:
Having the same issue.. Using FFox 1.0.7 (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915 Firefox/1.0.7

with XP sp2... Only shortcut I have problems with are the Combination Ones... Same PC with IE6.0 work fine

GREAT PROGRAM!
Posted 18 years ago
Quick question -- do these keyboard shortcuts work if Remember The Milk is the only tab that you have in Firefox?
Posted 18 years ago
rakesh says:
I just tested your query. Nope they dont work with only RTM being the open tab.
Posted 18 years ago
rakesh, which version of Firefox are you using? And did you quit and restart Firefox before testing?

Thanks!
Posted 18 years ago
rakesh says:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915 Firefox/1.0.7

yes, closed down Firefox. Restarted and tried the shortcuts. Naada. Nyet. Nowt happening!
Posted 18 years ago
Thanks for trying it :)

I'll do some more testing -- it works for me in 1.5, and it used to work for me when I had 1.0.7, so I'm not sure what's going on here. We'll look into this some more.
Posted 18 years ago
rakesh says:
Asides, sorry to digress from this thread; I havnt upgraded to 1.5, since the mozilla forums are packed with many buggy issues and more importantly 1.5 versions of various extensions have still not been released. Have u found 1.5 to work stable?
Posted 18 years ago
Don't upgrade to 1.5 if you can possibly avoid it :)
Posted 18 years ago
Back to the original issue... there seemed to be an issue with Firefox 1.0 that sometimes caused certain combos to not be emitted as key presses.

We've now fixed these keyboard shortcuts -- please let us know if you continue to experience any shortcut-related problems.
Posted 18 years ago
david.hogg says:
I find the combo shortcuts do now work with Firefox 1.5. Thanks for fixing that problem!

Going back to a previous message, Emily, I was intrigued by your statement "Don't upgrade to 1.5 if you can possibly avoid it." Could you explain why? And, if I have upgraded, is it possible to backtrack to an earlier version?
Posted 18 years ago
rakesh says:
Yes you can.

But you would need to do a clean install. ie. unintall the existing version, and then d/l and install the version you need.

You can go to http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/releases/1.5.html and scroll right down to the bottom of the page, where you should see links to all the older versions of Firefox.
Posted 18 years ago
david.hogg says:
Many thanks. I've reinstalled 1.0.7. But what exactlly is wrong with 1.5?
Posted 18 years ago
David, 1.5 isn't too bad -- it's just that there are some interesting 'quirks' that make me wish I could've stayed with 1.0 :)

I probably have a biased opinion though, as when each time a new browser version is released, we have to make sure that RTM works fine with it... and the move from 1.0 to 1.5 caused a few headaches.
Posted 18 years ago
david.hogg says:
Thanks, Emily, I can certainly understand the headaches you must have when a new browser comes out! But I think the issues with Firefox 1.5 go further than that. In fact I read an article (can't quite remember where now) that said some features were actually lost with the latest version (Firefox 1.5). In addition to that, it seems that many of the extensions are no longer compatible with 1.5. I haven't had the chance to find that out for myself. Anyway, I've gone back to 1.0.7, and that seems to work fine.
Posted 18 years ago
rakesh says:
I am a big fan of Firefox and thus my comments may be perceived as weighted in favour of everything FFox.

In favour of the 1.5, the extensions are not really the responsiblity of the browser development team as such.

As all FFoxers know, extensions and themes are authored by individuals like you and I, and upon these individuals rests the responsibility of updating 'their' product.

I have held on to 1.0.7 only for the reason of the extensions and themes. The other issues on the Mozilla forums do not concern me at all, judging on how 1.0.7 and all previous upgrades have gone.
Posted 18 years ago
david.hogg says:
This is an interesting point of view. I must say I'm also a big Firefox fan. And, in the light of various comments (from you, from Emily, and from the article I read somewhere about the loss of features with 1.5) and since I had kept the 1.0.7 version setup file in my download folder, I decided to uninstall 1.5 and reinstall 1.0.7. So far I have no problems with that version. And it does - for the time being at least - have far more available extensions than 1.5.
Posted 18 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.