Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

CustomizeGoogle extension and RTM conflict

jason.harris says:
Hi, I just wanted to point out that RTM will not display correctly when the 'CustomizeGoogle' extension is enabled with it's built in ad blocking feature.

Could someone look in to this?

All the best.
Posted at 10:13pm on December 19, 2007
jason.harris says:
After a little more testing I have worked out that it is not the ad-blocking feature that causes the problem, but the "hide contacts' option that causes RTM to disappear. Hope this helps
Posted 16 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Jason, thanks for letting us know -- we're looking into working around this. We'd like to try and prevent any extensions from inadvertently hiding RTM :)
Posted 16 years ago
bfreas says:
See my post about RTM Firefox Extension & GMail GreaseMonkey Skins Conflict.

I don't have the 'CustomizeGoogle' extension installed, but it sounds as though it's blocking the contacts box by hiding the "a3hTGd" element. Unfortunately, if you hide this element without adding the specific path to the contacts box, you will hide ALL instances of this element. The RTM extension is one instance of this element.

The author needs to update the CustomizeGoogle extension if this is the case, or else you'll have to open the extension code itself and edit it as shown in my other post.

The CustomizeGoogle extension was updated 12/19/07. You might try downloading the updated version to see if it does anything. I have emailed the author to let him/her know of this problem.
Posted 16 years ago
bfreas says:
Let's see if RTM can work a fix for its extension before emailing the author of the CustomizeGoogle extension. The staff here is super-fast. ;-) Refer to my other thread, noted previously, for further follow-up on this.
Posted 16 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We just put out a fix for this (reloading Gmail should fix it). If you continue to experience problems, please let us know -- thanks for helping us to track this down!
Posted 16 years ago
bfreas says:
The fix works! Wow, that was fast! Thank you so much!
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.