Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM Firefox Extension & GMail GreaseMonkey Skins Conflict

bfreas says:
I use a GreaseMonkey skin that blocks the ads column that appears to the right of individual GMail messages. When you block the ad column, the extension will load the frame to the right of the Inbox display, but no content (that is, your task list) is rendered.

I have tested this with multiple GMail skins.
Posted at 9:41pm on December 19, 2007
bfreas says:
As indicated by jason.harris, most code which will hide the contacts box will interfere with the display of this script.

Here's a workaround which I've tested successfully.

If you are using a GreaseMonkey script, replace any code which hides "XoqCub a3hTGd" or "a3hTGd" with the following code, which will hide ONLY the contacts box:

div[class=\"XoqCub EGSDee\"]>div[class=\"XoqCub\"]>div[class=\"XoqCub a3hTGd\"] { display: none !important; }
Posted 16 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
bfreas, would it be possible to let us know the name of a Greasemonkey skin that you're using? We can investigate this.

(Also, if you happen to be using Gmail as part of Google Apps, we've fixed an issue today for the Google Apps version -- if it was affected by this, it should work if you reload Gmail.)

Thanks!
Posted 16 years ago
You just beat me :)

Thanks for this info -- we're going to look into this and see if we can work around this so that RTM isn't hidden as well.
Posted 16 years ago
bfreas says:
I'm using one that I designed myself from bits of other code and trial and error. But I've found for sure that any GreaseMonkey script or Firefox extension which hides the "a3HTGd" element without pointing specifically to the contacts box will cause the RTM extension to render the RTM collapse bar (which does work) but no further RTM content.
Posted 16 years ago
bfreas says:
Posted 16 years ago
bfreas says:
Whoops, meant to post the above to the other thread. Sorry.
Posted 16 years ago
We've just put out a fix that should hopefully fix the issue with both this and the CustomizeGoogle extension (reloading Gmail should fix it). If you continue to experience problems, please let us know. Thanks!
Posted 16 years ago
bfreas says:
The fix works! Wow, that was fast! Thank you so much!
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.