Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

notes on recurring tasks

houweb says:
(sorry if this has been asked before, but i turned up nothing with a quick search...)

i have just realised that notes are not carried forward on recurring tasks - i had no idea! i have certain tasks that need doing in precisely the same way each time, but with a gap of two months between each recurrence. i put all the procedural details into the last one, and was really surprised to discover they had disappeared next time around. i know it's simple to get the details from the completed task, which is what i have done, but it would make a lot more sense for me if notes were simply carried forward with the task. is there any chance this could be made optional?
Posted at 11:22am on December 19, 2007
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Are you sure that you edited the series? I tried a task with notes and they appeared the next time around. If I edit the notes in the currently last instance and complete this task, I get a new task with the new notes.

As for searching the forum, many have had success using Google instead, just add site:www.rememberthemilk.com/forums to only search the RTM forums.
Posted 16 years ago
houweb says:
i'm no longer sure of anything! i just tried to duplicate the situation, and now notes seem to be carrying forward, though they didn't this morning! i do notice, though, that the carried-forward notes don't included some changes i made this morning, which are visible in the version of the task that i have completed this afternoon. confusing.
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.