Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

milksync and smart lists

(closed account) says:
Is there a way to have Milksync create a category within Pocket Outlook so that I can view my Smart lists? I use them for just about everything and the current functionality really doesn't give me an advantage to just using the web version of RTM.
Posted at 6:23pm on December 10, 2007
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Sorry, MilkSync doesn't currently support Smart Lists (unfortunately the Tasks application on Windows Mobile doesn't support advanced filtering like this).
Posted 16 years ago
jdonnici says:
I'm using MilkSync in trial mode now and have run into the same thing. My approach to RTM is to have everything in Inbox and use SmartLists based on tags.

On my device, everything is one list... which makes it unlikely I'll use the feature because I don't want to navigate a single with dozens of items.

Since tasks on Windows Mobile (similar to Outlook) support categories, what about using tags as categories during sync? This would let the display of tasks on the device be grouped by the tag/category.

It's basically how I used tasks before in Outlook 2007... category was context (@home, @office, etc) and the display on my phone was automatically grouped that way. Under RTM, I'm using @home and @office (and others) as tags and then Smart Lists to group them.

Thanks.
Posted 16 years ago
ludovic.chabant says:
It would help, as a start, if we could just sync some selected Smart Lists (right now you can only select regular Lists).

This is because when you tag by context (@home, @work, etc.), it makes sense that only tasks tagged with a @errand are really useful on a handheld device, as you can access the other ones on your home or office desktop computer (at least, that's how I do it). This way, I would have on my PDA only the tasks I need to do on the go (like remember to pick up the milk on my way back home!).
Posted 16 years ago
scolestock says:
I'd also vote for the ability to sync a "smart list"...I'd love for the server to just send down matches to a smart list, even if it was understood that you couldn't "add" a task on the device and have it guaranteed to appear on the device later (since it likely wouldn't match the criteria for the smart list!)

Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.