Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Setting reminders for repeating tasks

james.stuart says:
Sorry if it's not obvious, but I looked through the manual and couldn't find anything: whenever I enter in a due date, it's converted to a real date (nice job on that, by the way!), but if I set an item to recur, how do I tell it that I want the item to recur on the 20th of each month, but be due on the 28th of the month?
Posted at 8:02pm on November 22, 2005
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
The way that repeating tasks work is:

For repeat 'After...'

The task will regenerate as soon as you complete it. For example, say you have a task named 'Clean the fridge', and have it set to repeat 'After 3 months'. If you complete it today, a new identical task will be generated with a due date 3 months from now.

For repeat 'Every...'

The task will regenerate either as soon as you complete it or as soon as it becomes due. For example, say you have a task named 'Pay rent', which is due on Dec 1, and set to repeat 'Every 2 weeks'. If you complete it before Dec 1, a new identical task will be generated with a due date of Dec 15. If you don't complete it before Dec 1, a new one will be generated on Dec 1 anyway (meaning you'll have two uncompleted tasks in the list, one for Dec 1 and one for Dec 15).

Hope this clears things up a little!
Posted 18 years ago
remogiuffre says:
can i set a task to repeat every X HOURS (rather than days). It's to do with reminding my wife to take medicine.
Posted 17 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
remogiuffre, not currently -- if the task occurs at the same time every day, it would be possible to set daily repeating tasks due at various times throughout the day (e.g. "take medicine morning", "take medicine evening", etc) to achieve the same kind of thing. Hope this helps!
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.