Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Moving tasks from list to list freezes

lwallach says:
When I move a bunch of tasks from one list to another, it will sometimes freeze. What happens is that the animation (the blue cycling circles) appears at the right of each task and stays animating indefinitely. I'll go to the other list by clicking on the tab and they will all be there, so they are transferring fine, it's just a display issue. Sometimes this doesn't happen and I haven't determined what makes it other than possibly a large number of tasks being moved and/or a large number of tasks in the originating lists...
Posted at 9:11pm on December 3, 2007
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Levi, thanks for reporting this. Can I ask which browser version and operating system you're using?

Also, do you have any browser extensions installed?

Thanks!
Posted 16 years ago
I forgot to ask -- if it happens for particular lists in your account, would you mind letting us know which lists you're usually moving from/to? This might help us to track the issue down. (Please feel free to contact us off the forums.) Thanks!
Posted 16 years ago
lwallach says:
Oops, sorry. Using Firefox 2.0.0.11, and yes, I have lots of extensions :)

I only have two hard lists, inbox, and processed. I have sent too, but don't use that. So it's moving things from inbox to sent or visa versa. I don't normally have a reason to move things from processed to sent, and I normally only move one or two items at a time in the other direction. I only noticed this because I decided to start making time estimates as well as certain tags mandetory, and so used inbox as a temporary holding space for items that didn't have these, then as I added them I would transfer a bunch to processed.
Posted 16 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
I have, in the past, attempted to archive completed, non-recurring tasks to a cold storage list. I have often found that this results in incredibly long delays and general RTM interface screwiness in IE 5 and IE 6 on Windows, FF on win and Mac, and Camino on the Mac. It's been some time since I last tried it, but I should do so again to clean out the cruft.
Posted 16 years ago
Thanks for this info. We've got this on our list to look into -- we'll have to see if we can speed things up.
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.