Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Locations not working?

mcubed says:
I have tried a few times today (and, I think, at least once yesterday), Tuesday 27 November, to add a few locations and I am unable to do so. I keep getting the following:

"There was a problem reaching the server. Are you connected to the Internet? (locations.geocode failed.)"

Yes, I am connected to the Internet. Everything else seems to be working fine. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there anything I can do about it?
Posted at 5:15am on November 28, 2007
mcubed says:
Ok, weird. No sooner do I finally post about a problem then it starts working, sort of. I was just now able to create a new location. Yippee. The map doesn't seem to be showing the number of incomplete tasks associated with a location, or perhaps it is just taking a few minutes to update.

Anyway, there does seem to be something funky going on with locations, but at least the problem I was having all day might be resolved. If anyone in the know can indicate whether there has been and might continue to be some intermittent problems with the locations server, I'd appreciate it.
Posted 16 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Unfortunately Google Maps made a change that wasn't compatible with our Locations feature -- we've now fixed this on our end. We'll be continuing to keep an eye on this, but it should now be working again (you may need to reload, or clear cache, if there are any problems). Hope this helps!
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.