Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Greater-than symbol to the left of my checkbox

esmith500 says:
Hi. I've been away for a couple of weeks and now that I'm back I notice a black, bolded greater-than symbol (or a sort of arrow indicator or sideways carat, I suppose) in the margin to the left of the checkbox of one item on each of my lists.

If I change that item's priority, the symbol stays with it, moving down further in the list. But if I, say, switch to another list and come back, the symbol shifts back up to the top of the list next to whatever task or item that is. Even happens in administrative lists such as the list of lists.

Do you all get this? What is it? What does it mean? Can I get rid of it? It's not a big deal but doesn't seem to have a purpose.
Posted at 3:42pm on November 26, 2007
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Press j and k and watch what happens.
Posted 16 years ago
esmith500 says:
Ah, I see! A keyboard-based selector target thing. Thanks. So this is either new or I accidentally hit some combo of keys that made this start showing up. Is it possible to make it go away? Again, no big deal if not, just wondering.
Posted 16 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
New feature, came along with a bunch of updates last week. You can't turn it off (or on for that matter ;-)
Posted 16 years ago
graham.reeds says:
It's called a chevron and gmail has one since the off. You can also select tasks with the x and i key.

G.
Posted 16 years ago
andris.spruds says:
Yea, this was a surprise for me, too. I thought that my Firebug has finally crashed Remember The Milk :)
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.