Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Feed errors and republishing

sjvilla79 says:
My public personal feed isn't validating and therefore can't be republished via services like FeedBurner, FeedDigest, and other similar websites. Check this screenshot:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

So, please fix this. I'd dearly like to sync my personal feed(s) to a custom homepage. This looks like a great service.
Posted at 1:01am on November 8, 2005
sjvilla79 says:
I figured out the problem myself. Cheers.
Posted 18 years ago
sjvilla79 says:
Well, it's broken again.
Posted 18 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Can you please provide more information on any error messages that you're receiving from Feedburner, etc? I'm not sure why Feedburner wouldn't be reading it properly.

The feed is actually valid -- that's just a warning. We've added a tagline to the feed anyway, so the warning won't appear anymore.
Posted 18 years ago
sjvilla79 says:
Yes, the warning was causing a problem with some websites. I've noticed that it's fixed the problem using Feed2JavaScript although FeedBurner is still not liking the now valid feed. This might be at your end or might be at their end. I'll leave that with you, I guess. Thanks for your response though.

Lastly, why does clicking on any one of my feed's links bring up a 404?
Posted 18 years ago
omar (Remember The Milk) says:
404 should be fixed.

Have fun! :)
Posted 18 years ago
omar (Remember The Milk) says:
Oh, and I twiddled a few things in the feed output until FeedBurner worked, and it seems to now.

So, have even more fun. ;)
Posted 18 years ago
sjvilla79 says:
I am having fun. Cheers and thanks for fixing whatever the issues were.
Posted 18 years ago
(closed account) says:
Scott ALWAYS has fun.
Posted 18 years ago
luc0zade says:
My feed is not validating either, due I think to numerous errors caused by text and characters in the Notes entries for my tasks.

These characters get into the Notes because they are contained in emails which I am forwarding on to RTM using the 'add tasks by email' functionality.

Is there anyway of producing feeds which do not include the text from the Notes attached to a task ? That is, a feed which only includes the basic fields, i.e. Task / Due / Priority / List ?

Any advice appreciated...
Posted 18 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
luc0zade, which feed reader are you using?

Does the validation error stop your feed reader from accessing the feed?
Posted 18 years ago
luc0zade says:
I've tried accessing my feeds using the feedreader built into Thunderbird 1.0 and Attensa for Outlook 0.99. Both readers produce an 'incorrect format' error message when I try to access the feed.

The feeds don't validate at http://feedvalidator.org/ and AFAIK this was because of text included in the notes, particular HTML code from HTML format emails which were somehow being coverted into plain text.
Posted 18 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.